Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

4506-T Error 10?!?!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

4506-T Error 10?!?!

We have a problem. I just got notified by an old lender that had requested my tax transcripts that he got back an error 10 today. He had submitted by mail. I can't even order my transcripts online, I get a letter in the mail telling me to call the IPSECU. I was a victim of identity theft, but it was only people working under my social so W2s were issued that were not mine.

My new lender has not said anything about this, and I am not sure if they executed the 4506-T yet. They execute these online. How long does it take to receive an error back electronically? Should I bring it up? Does every lender execute these? Is no news good news?

I tried calling the number on the letter I got in the mail, and they can't even put my in a hold queue they are so slammed. 

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: 4506-T Error 10?!?!

I think you should call the lender and tentatively ask if they were able to get your tax return.  Also, no news is good news in my opinion. But since you are worried, follow up directly with the lender.

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: 4506-T Error 10?!?!

I called and asked and they hadn't gotten an error yet but they sent it by mail? The lender thanked me for telling them and said just to give them a copy of my signed tax returns. I did that, so we should be good! (I hope!)
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.