Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

619 middle mortgage score, little help?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

619 middle mortgage score, little help?

looking for a little advice.  im going to be looking to buy a home soon and much to my dismay it looks like my middle score is 1 point shy of the 620 i need.  so, i have 2 open lines of revolving credit, one card has a $3,500 limit with a $677 balance and my other is a $2,500 limit with a $1400 balance.  if i were to pay off one or both of these would i likely see a change when one or both report at the end of the month on my credit report?  i feel like 1 point isnt a whole lot, if i were to just pay off that $1400 balance one entirely and then reduced that $677 balance down to the 8% thing, would i see a few points rise on the report?  

any help is good help, thanks

2 REPLIES 2
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: 619 middle mortgage score, little help?

Welcome to MyFICO

There are 2 things you can do to increase your scores assuming there are no other derogatories on your 3 credit reports.

1. Having AZEO (all credit cards reporting zero balance except one)

2. Having one credit card balance reporting less than 8.9%.

Your scores will definitely get a bump.

GL2U

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 2 of 3
sid33
Regular Contributor

Re: 619 middle mortgage score, little help?

Any other baddies on your file? 

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.