Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A story for Booner..

tag
203bravo
Established Contributor

Re: A story for Booner..

at least you're now marching forward --- still rooting for you here.   fingers crossed.

Message 11 of 26
incognitony
Frequent Contributor

I can buy down the interest for about 3k so we can borrow the whole amount saving me about $1700 in upfront costs but still not the best for my bank account . I could start over and look for a cheaper house but it seems that all the houses cheaper than this one are crap or too small for our needs (plus my wife is in love with it) . I was supposed to get an updated disclosures ,commitment letter and possible additional final conditions today forom the processor but did not. Looks like we'll be waiting out another weekend too (#6 for us.)  Still waiting on final repairs for appraisal and a clean title report to boot.

PS:

DW's middle was 629 on 7/23 but 616 when AFR pulled it on 7/28. CUSSWORD  LOL.

Message 12 of 26
Booner72
Senior Contributor

OMG - we are in the EXACT SAME BOAT!   Realtor told me today she'd throw in her extra commission on the homepath house to buy down points cuz we're getting up there in price.  DH thinks we should get a cheap one too, but that is either too small, bad location, or all around CUSSWORD that rhymes with Pitty.

STARTING: 11/24/10 EQ-584 EXP-648 TU04-595
CLOSED FIRST HOME 8/19/11 EQ-630 EXP-691 TU04-653
CURRENT: EQ-701 EXP-??? TU08-720
Message 13 of 26
incognitony
Frequent Contributor

I think the boat's name is Titantic. Time to sink or swim.

Message 14 of 26
Booner72
Senior Contributor

sol - which means, snicker out loud.  Good one  Smiley Happy  Let's swim, k?

Message 15 of 26
incognitony
Frequent Contributor

Just spent the last couple hours scanning more docs (more bank statements, daughter's birth cert. ) and signing more docs. Still waiting on final disclosures with updated loan info from underwriter. Seller is supposed to fix last 2 items (a freaking 57 cent outlet cover and one other minor repair) tonight so we can do a final inspection.  They have dragged their feet and now say they want to close on the 10th.

My main worry is that the lender is going to do supplementary credit report to verify my liens have been paid but despite paying them in June and release papers sent on  about July 5 neither have been updated. Will need to call the courthouses and see whats the holdup. I don't know what else to do there as I have receipts of payment and release papers from the revenue dept.

Meanwhile we are working with another lender to see if we can get  a USDA loan on the house and not have to pay anything else down. Will hear more from them tomorrow possibly.

Message 16 of 26
Booner72
Senior Contributor

Have your LO do a rapid rescore so that the liens show as paid.

Message 17 of 26
Booner72
Senior Contributor

PS:  Your daughter's birth certificate?????

Message 18 of 26
incognitony
Frequent Contributor

@Booner72 wrote:

PS:  Your daughter's birth certificate?????

This might be because my wife gets SSDI and gets extra on her until she's 18. I thought it was weird.

Message 19 of 26
incognitony
Frequent Contributor

Just to update , the liens were not released because low and behold my past catches me again and an old tax bill from a business I had in the 90's has to be paid to get them released and its more than we can afford to pay after years of penalties and interest. They didn't mention it in July.

My wife is approved for a lower amount by herself so we ask for a release of the contract and our earnest money that is ours to keep if the financing falls through . The seller  won't sign off because of the FHA repair costs and calls my agent's boss and says we/she knew all along that we couldn't get financed. This release form was on 8/15 and still hasn't been signed so we are legally still under contract. Our agent was hoping for another offer on the house and she can't sell it until she gives us our money back per the original contract.

Since then we have considered buying land and getting a modular home (too much hassle it turns out) or getting the car loan that is in DW's name off her  credit to possibly qualify for a larger loan. We tried the latter and I have traded the old car in for one only in my name since my dti doesn't matter anymore. Still waiting on the old car to be paid off so her debt will decrease and hope thart doesn't screw up her score which is at 633 now (up from 616 at original approval) and opens up some other options.

Meanwhile earlier this week I found a FSBO on craigslist and we looked at it and for the irst time we both loved the same house. I told the owner of the FSBO I needed to see how much we can get financed (leaving out the gory details above)  and while we have tentatively agreed on a price she is giving me a week to get things less muddled.

We are trying to see if the seller of the first house will split the money even though its legally ours . We can't tell our agent about the FSBO because she probably would quit helping us. We can't tell the new seller that we are still under contract with the bit seller of the old house. Also if my wife gets approved for a larger amount before we get out of contract we have to buy the first house which at this point  we would rather burn to the ground with the first seller and her agent in it. I almost forgot our LL stopped by last week and wanted an update on possibly buying the house we live in and I had to basically lie to him so we don't get evicted. The mortgage guy the DW is approved with is friends with our agent so we can't even really talk to him about this new house yet.

Trying to stay sane here and this is why I haven't upated in a while.

Message 20 of 26
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.