Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AU

tag
Sbrooks1
Valued Contributor

AU

At what point is a file submitted thru desktop underwriting? My preapproval today just said based on credit report and automated underwriting, but I thought that came later in the process! This processs just started and already I am lost!!
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
meljeff1
Contributor

Re: AU

I'm pretty sure that is just what you went through LOL
Message 2 of 8
Sbrooks1
Valued Contributor

Lol! I thought that came right before underwriting, but I have not had a mortgage in a long time.
Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

This is how my process went...

Pre-approved through credit union

Offer Accepted on home

Inspection complete

Appraisal complete

File put through "automated system" and deemed "eligible"

File put through to bank "processor" who made sure had all correct documentation for underwriting

File went to underwriting, then following day was APPROVED

Cleared to close - sent to closing dept whos lawyer reached out to my lawyer

Final walk through

Closing (I'm closing 1/24/17)

Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm not sure there's one "set path." 

I think each lender is a bit different. In my recent experience, we were pre-approved but had a difficult time, initially, getting through AU, mostly because the lender didn't listen to me when I first reached out to them to explain our situation, and just pre-approved it without really paying attention. 

So with the pre-approval, we made an offer which was accepted immediately, and then the insane effort to get through the process began. At some point we went through AU, and had to make some adjustments, then went through it again. 

Anyway, each lender I would guess, handles it differently. 

Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@SBrooks1

Don't let my experience freak you out ... like I said, my mortgage was very complicated, plus I'm a rebuilder (which I think you are too). 

Stick through the process and you'll be fine. You can do it! 

Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

A good LO will run AUS after collecting documents and before issuing a pre-approval letter. Underwriter will always run it again once the file actually gets submitted to UW, but the LO should do also do it up front.

Message 7 of 8
Sbrooks1
Valued Contributor

He did run AUS before is what I found out today , so I like this lender so far.
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.