cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

About to Apply....Where to start with VA Loan??

tag
firemartinez1980
Regular Contributor

About to Apply....Where to start with VA Loan??

I bought my first house back in 2004 with my Ex-wife and to be honest, I don't remember alot about the process. She did 99% of the paperwork, etc and I just remember signing some documents at closing. We had the house about 4 years and divorced and sold it. I know that sounds bad, but truthful....Now fast forward to 2020 where we are today and My wife and I are ready to buy a home in the next few months, but honestly don't know where to start and don't want to get a bad deal or ripped off..

I will be going for a VA Loan, but should we apply online at these big companies line Veterans United or Quicken Loans or start local at a Credit Union or something??

Steps of the process would be appreciated :-)

Thanks!!

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
MauiMan85297
Established Contributor

Re: About to Apply....Where to start with VA Loan??

Stay away from the big name non-bank direct lenders as they will have large margins to pay for the fancy offices and naming rights to buildings.  Either look at a CU or a broker or correspondent lender (someone who funds your loan but sells the rights to investor who gave the very low rate at the start).

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.