Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accurate Scores?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Accurate Scores?

How accurate are the Mortgage 2,4 and 5 scores here on myFICO? And are these usually the same as what lenders see/use for applications?

Thanks!
5 REPLIES 5
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Re: Accurate Scores?

Accurate

Yes
Message 2 of 6
chiefone4u
Established Contributor

The mortgage scores you buy from MyFico are the exact same scores 90%+ of mortgage lenders use.

As with ALL scores there could be fluctuations in score from day to day (as utilization, AoOA, AAoA, AoYA ,etc cross different thresholds).
Goodwill Saturation Technique
Starting Score: EQ:608, EX:617, TU:625
Current Score 3/11/2020: EQ:695, EX:703, TU:720
Goal Score: 740+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Discover IT $1000Cabelas Clasic $1000Coscto Anywhere Signature Visa -Citi- $7200ExxonMobil Smartcard -Citi- $2500Playstation Visa (Comenity) $1950QuickSilver One $2200Walmart $6000Wells Fargo Platinum Visa $3000
Member of the Synchrony Bank giveth then Taketh away April 2020 Club! $86,900 in available credit gone without warning.
Newest Account July 8, 2020 -- Last HP October 24, 2020 -- Gardening Goal: August 2022 and reach 0/24
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks! My MyFICO score updates on the 4th of each month. Lets say my mortgage score then are all above a 640 or higher. No negs, cc under 8%, and only 1 late within last 6 months. Should I wait longer to apply for a home loan? Asking due to I want to sooner than later, and I also don't know how fast my scores shall increase after then do from my fixes. And I do want to mortgage shop around. With that being said, should I do all my shopping within a certain time frame? Say a week? And how long to those approvals last for? Say I'm approved for the loan in my price range but don't find a home I like quick. Do I have time to house shop long?
Sorry for all the questions. I'm just new to this and want my best out come, and learn, so I know what to expect and what I'm getting into.

Thanks.
Message 4 of 6
JVille
Valued Contributor

Is that one 30 day late the only negative item in your credit report? If everything else is good, DTI, etc then as much as lenders hate it you will likely be ok. I would submit a letter immediately at time of application addressing that Late Pmt and briefly explain it was an extraordinary event, an unfortunate oversight.
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

30 day late was one back in March. On a current cc which is in good standing. It was a mishap.

There was one more but on a closed out, refinanced student loan which is now a new/different account. Would you think they look at the closed/paid accounts also?
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.