DallasLoanGuy
Super Contributor

Re: Agent flipped out?

the good news is..... now we know this person isnt a professional....   move on

Retired Lender
Message 21 of 28
brsdsu

Still wondering where the mythical "fence" has gone to...

Message 22 of 28
brsdsu

In all seriousness... The agent must EARN your business. If she is telling you to look elsewhere - then you should heed that advice and consult a professional ASAP. 

You could lose more then money in this situation if handled incorrectly. Short sales are a very delicate process that must be handled by professionals. Remember, you are the client, not just a customer - very BIG distinction both legally and professionally.

Message 23 of 28
StartingOver10
Moderator Emerita

@brsdsu wrote:

In all seriousness... The agent must EARN your business. If she is telling you to look elsewhere - then you should heed that advice and consult a professional ASAP. 

You could lose more then money in this situation if handled incorrectly. Short sales are a very delicate process that must be handled by professionals. Remember, you are the client, not just a customer - very BIG distinction both legally and professionally.

This ^^^.

Short sales require an experienced agent that workds well with others. The process is difficult enough without having a thin-skinned agent that texts rather than actually communicates. At least you found out now, before you commited to use her services. 

Message 24 of 28
pipeguy
Senior Contributor

@CH-7-Mission-Accomplished wrote:

Agree with above, find a new agent.  And remember, there are no bigger prima donnas in the world than real estate agents.  I mean seriously!  

+!00

Having bought and sold 7 properties (14 transactions) I can tell you that in MY experience, there are a few true pros out there, but most are basically in "used car sales" and are more interested in making a sale to get paid than working for the best interest of the client. Good thing is, there are tons of Real Estate Agents out there, if you find one that wastes your time, fire them - with the understand of course that you don't abuse them with constant and changing demands. 

Few years ago I listed a 2 BR 2 BH Condo, including a enclosed garage in Myrtle beach for sale - we purchased it new before the building was built and had paid off the mortgage in 3 years - this was our weekend condo, never rented out and fully furnished. We asked $130k for the property from a highly recommended agent/agency - over the next 6 weeks no action, lower the price to $125k, nothing, lowered the price $119,995 and we got an "offer she strongly suggested we take" for $105,000. I fired the agent/agency and went with another agent that I had checked out as active in the area, doing open houses, making sales - raised the asking price to $135,000  and tossed in $3000 towards buyers closing costs. The Condo sold within 2 weeks at $129.995 with me paying $3000 towards closing. 

At the end of September this year, I settled an estate property sale - another long story, but a true outstanding agent/agency worked really hard to make it happen and not only did I get full market value, but they dropped the commission from 6% to 4% since he was the listing and selling agency/agent. 

I know this is probably not helping/addressing your direct question OP, but if you are unhappy with the "used car sales" agent, there is no obligation to continue with them, there are true pros out there too.

Message 25 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

I also recommend finding another agent.

IMHO, a short sale is a very serious action and my have a long lasting affect to your CR scores.

In all sales fields, there is a huge difference between an 'order taker' and a helpful sales agent.  Easy to fill in the sales order form but to answer questions and solve problems and end up with a completed sale is different.

HTH

Message 26 of 28
dt3813
Regular Contributor

OP.  I do anesthesia.  You meet me right before surgery.  If a patient asked me how long I had been doing anesthesia and if I was well versed in the surgical procedure and therefore the anesthetic technique required. I feel it is my duty to give the patient her desired information.  I would tell her how long I've been doing anesthesia, where I went to school and any other information she desired.  She is trying to get your business.  She should be more than happy to outline her experience with short sales.  I tried to short sale in MS with realtors that were not experts in short sale (2008), the house foreclosed.  My friend went through a successful short sale with an experienced realtor that knew how to price, when to decrease the price and by how much.  That short sale was quickly accepted by the bank because the bank saw that the house had been appropriately marketed and not sold at higher prices.  You NEED an experienced realtor that will provide proof of experience.  

Discharged Ch.13 6/24/15
Scores on discharge EQ669 TU650 EX654
current scores EQ776 TU775 EX758
WF $2500 WF $3000 Discover $6000 Target $1200 Amazon $5000 Jcrew $5250 Lowes $8300 Tjmaxx $5000 Cap1 $14750 venture $25500 jetBlue $21000 pier1 $5000 Amex $10000x2 AMEX $21,000 BoA$8000 CitiDC$8000

Message 27 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

Gina, I I hate texting **I am 50 years old ;-)** and believe it to be very impersonal, BUT I also read your question to the agent and it was a legitimate question and it did NOT come across negatively at all. She/he was obviously having a bad day or is just a very unreasonable person. There ARE other agents. Don't worry about it. Next time though, pick up the phone and be persistent.
Message 28 of 28
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.