Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alliant Credit Union matches personal and auto loan rates

tag
DSTforlife
Regular Contributor

Alliant Credit Union matches personal and auto loan rates

I’m in the middle of a HELOC app with Alliant, and I asked the loan officer about matching rates of other credit unions. He said Alliant matches rates of other lenders for personal and auto loans, but he’s not sure about HELOC. I’m waiting for a pre-approval from another CU, and he said that he would submit that rate and see if they will match it. Thought I’d share this info. I’ll report back on the HELOC.
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Chillcat
New Visitor

Re: Alliant Credit Union matches personal and auto loan rates

Hey @DSTforlife  I am looking into getting a HELOC with Alliant but am not a member. Looking into becoming a member via their foster program, was wondering how the process was for getting a HELOC? Do you know their minimim credit score requirement?

Message 2 of 3
DSTforlife
Regular Contributor

Re: Alliant Credit Union matches personal and auto loan rates

the process was very seemless and all done online.  ultimately, i did not use them, but that was only because i decided to use a local CU which has a branch i can go in to.  i believe their minimum score was 680.  however, Alliant does NOT use FICO scores.  They used TU Vantage 4.0 which you can find if you have a syncrony card/account.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.