Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Almost 120 days late on Mortgage, they won't post payments

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Almost 120 days late on Mortgage, they won't post payments

My mortgage payments have been very hard to get in because of a lack of work on my husband's part.  Right now the mortgage co. shows us owing for May 09, June 09, July 09 and Aug 09.  I have mailed in and they have received May 09's payment and June 09's payment.  This leaves us right now owing for July and Aug.  For whatever reason they have not posted our payments for May and June.  The collection guy I have spoken with says they really need another payment in by the end of Aug which is impossible at this point.  He hasn't said they are going to start foreclosure but I am just so scared that with us being 120 days late that is their intention.

Anyone else know of mortgage lenders doing this with payments instead of posting them?

Thanks!

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Almost 120 days late on Mortgage, they won't post payments

Alot of mortgage companies will not accpet partial payments once you are more than 2 months behind.  At that point, you usually have to bring it up to at least the previous month.  Otherwise you have to go through the collections department and try to seek a repayment plan or something.  The thing is, if the income is still up in the air, they are alot less likely to accomodate you on this.  They weigh the situation and will often decide that trying to work out a loan with someone who does not really have the income to pay it is just putting off the inevitable.  If your income has not stabilized yet, it will be harder for you to convince them to allow you to modify the loan or enter a repaymetn plan.  You need to contact the loss itigation departement of your loan company ASAP.
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Almost 120 days late on Mortgage, they won't post payments

This is a small Mortgage Co.,and my contact that I have been talking to has not said anything about beginning foreclosure just that we need to get this account current so it won't behind a month.  He has been very understanding but it does scare me that they have not deposited our checks yet.

I don't think a loan mod. is an option here but we did have 60k above the loan in appraisal before we closed on the loan.  I don't know if there is anything they could do with that or if that would even play into this at this point.

Hopefully we can get one more payment in here in the next week or so and they can post all three!

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.