Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Almost there I can taste it!!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Almost there I can taste it!!!

High 641 Transunion,  Middle 636 Experian, Low 602 Equifax...........Anybody have any suggestions on getting those last 4pts?  I've paid all my cards down to 7% of limits, when I had my score ran they were sitting at 13%.  Last month my Experian number was at 644 no clue as to why it dropped other than I went from 7% to 13% of limits on my cards.

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Almost there I can taste it!!!

@Anonymous wrote:

High 641 Transunion,  Middle 636 Experian, Low 602 Equifax...........Anybody have any suggestions on getting those last 4pts?  I've paid all my cards down to 7% of limits, when I had my score ran they were sitting at 13%.  Last month my Experian number was at 644 no clue as to why it dropped other than I went from 7% to 13% of limits on my cards.

Were these pulled by your lender?

Pay all open CCs down to $0 except for one, and leave that one around the 7% level or less (but not $0).

Message 2 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes all pulled by my lender yesterday.  I have really small credit limits of 300, 300, and 750 should I pay the low limits cards down to zero and leave the 750 at 7% or does it matter which one is at 7%?  Its weird that you have to worry about leaving debt on a card when you have the ability to pay it off to get your fico score up lol!

Message 3 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

When my Experian score was at 644 my balances were at 300/71, 300/62, and 750/16 but for some reason at those numbers my Transunion was at 612.

Message 4 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Update: Today I finally have my Pre-Approval letter in hand!!  To get the last extra 4pts i had to pay my cards down to $10/$10/$27 and we sent it through Rapid Rescore and it actually worked.  Now the fun (stress) begins!!

Message 5 of 15
IOBA
Senior Contributor

Weu weu BigBug14!!!

I hope the next part of the stress isn't too rough! Smiley Happy

Message 6 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

It has been a crazy road getting to that 640 number.  I started at 526 a little over a year ago, and got everything cleaned up on my credit history so the only debt that I have is my car payment which is fairly small and my 3 small balances on my credit cards.  I never thought the credit gods would allow me to have a house now hopefully I can find a house that I like and from there it goes pretty smooth!

Message 7 of 15
ProudMomof5
Contributor

Okay, I'm a little confused.  I thought your mid score was 602 and not 636.  I always thought they take the mid-score between the three which would make it 602.

Message 8 of 15
bigboihill
Valued Member

@ProudMomof5 wrote:

Okay, I'm a little confused.  I thought your mid score was 602 and not 636.  I always thought they take the mid-score between the three which would make it 602.

The OP's three credit scores were:  641 Transunion,   636 Experian,  602 Equifax.  This would make the middle score the Experian which was 636.  

Message 9 of 15
ProudMomof5
Contributor

So does it depend on what company pulls the credit report because my mid score is from Transunion.  That sucks because that's my lowest score and I'll really have to bring my score up alot.

Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.