Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Already rate locked. Haven't closed. BIG score improvement

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Already rate locked. Haven't closed. BIG score improvement

Just had another thought, DW's scores were above 640, don't remember if they were above 660, but if they aren't they would use her mid score and it wouldn't change that much. Her scores aren't in like the 700s or anything.

Message 11 of 20
skigirl916
Established Contributor

Another inquiry shouldnt hurt if the original pull was within the last 30 days.

But I understand your fear. My score just shot up 10 points, crossing me over a threshold into a better rate, and I'm too scared to screw with it. But, I'm at 3.5%. For that point difference, I might...
Message 12 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Last pull for the mortgage was in December.

Message 13 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Not trying to thread jack or anything but my credit scores were about the same as yours. I am going with a VA loan and my rate was 4.125%. My mid score was 644 i believe, does the type of loan really affect your rate that much?

Message 14 of 20
jfg1022
Established Member

Our mid scores were in the 640s and we were quoted 4.1% worst case..

Message 15 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

DW decided she didn't want to risk it. We can afford the extra $100 a month so its unfortunate to waste the money on higher interest but the bottom line is that we've been renting for all 13 years we've lived together, we're ready for this next step. We'll look into a refi this fall.

Message 16 of 20
frugalQ
Valued Contributor

at the end of the day, we have to do what's best for our own individual situation.  congratulations!!!  let us know how closing goes!

AmEx Green NPSL | Amex BCP 16K | Citi Simplicity 10k | Discover IT 9K | Chase Slate 7.5K | Amex Hilton HHonors Surpass 7K | Capital One QuickSilver 6K | Home Depot 5k | Chase Freedom 4.5K | LOC 2.5K
Message 17 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

If nothing else it's good to know that as long as I keep on gardening after this a refi should be no issue. Lol
Message 18 of 20
frugalQ
Valued Contributor

Agreed!!
AmEx Green NPSL | Amex BCP 16K | Citi Simplicity 10k | Discover IT 9K | Chase Slate 7.5K | Amex Hilton HHonors Surpass 7K | Capital One QuickSilver 6K | Home Depot 5k | Chase Freedom 4.5K | LOC 2.5K
Message 19 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Message 20 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.