Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Another Tax Transcript Question

tag
Ed35
New Visitor

Re: Another Tax Transcript Question

Eric,

Im going through the exact same thing with my mortgage approval. The mortgage company has everything they need except my 2012 IRS Transcript. I need to close by 6/2/13 or I lose the deal.

I figured out the trick and im going to pass this information on to you and whoever else is losing sleep over the same thing.

I filed my taxes on 3/5/13 and the transcript were not available 8-9 weeks later. On Monday 5/13/13 I went down to my local IRS Advocate Office and explained to them my situation. They were extremely helpful, they were able to expedite my 2012 return and I just received my transcript today 5/17/13. Call the ( TAS) IRS advocate office at 877-777-4778, they are a different division of the IRS and they are great to work with and got to work right away. If you have time I would recommend going on their website , finding out were the local office is located and go in person. Bring a copy of your tax return and your E file receipt if you have them.

Good Luck!!

ED

Message 11 of 12
ericschmerick

Re: Another Tax Transcript Question

Hi Ed and all,

Thanks for the great advice.  I called the tax advocate office.  Same deal - super nice, super helpful, and they pushed my tax return through.  I provided a letter to them that explained my situation, my estimated closing statement showing the title fees and other fees I stood to lose if the deal went through, and an email from the lender saying they wouldn't fund my loan until they had my transcript.  It took exactly 2 weeks from first contact to transcript available.

My loan funded yesterday and recorded today.  I'm a new homeowner!  Thanks to all for the advice.  Smiley Happy

Message 12 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.