Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anxious in underwriting

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Anxious in underwriting

I have been reading and sympathizing with many of you on here regarding your pending underwriter outcomes.  I too am currently in underwriting and my LO said it can go either way based on my situation.  I am not sleeping well, have gained 5lbs, and can't focus on my online college courses.  Work is a pleasant distraction though as I am very busy there.  I wish everyone here the best of luck in obtaining an approval that is the best for their unique situations and budgets.  As for my situation, I am going FHA on a new construction for $172,700 and here are my stats:

Mid score: 643

8 yrs same employer, $70,000 annual gross

DTIs:  25/36

monthly debts=$1100

no judgments or collections

Chap 13 discharged in Apr. 2009(wrote LOE and gave LO my discharge papers)

had some lates right after that on credit card accts(wrote LOE)

no lates on anything  since Oct. 2009

low credit limits on my cards but near top of limit on many of them

had a total of 4 overdrafts since January, last one was June 20th(wrote LOE's for last 2)

completed a homebuyers education course online and submitted it to LO

husband is gifting me the $5900 downpayment

have $2500 cash reserves in the bank

401k worth $43,000

Eventhough I went thru DU as approved eligible, my LO is worried about my lates after BK and my overdrafts, but it has been 2 months now since I had one so Im hoping that will help.  I would greatly appreciate anyone's opinion on this and if I have any other options if this does not work out.  Thanks.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Anxious in underwriting

I forgot to mention that the builder will pay my closing cost of $4700.

Message 2 of 4
thrillege
Valued Member

So how does that work with new construction?  You go to underwriting even though the house wont be ready

Until 4-6 months?

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

In some cases, like mine, you have to go through the whole process before you start building.  I have heard others say they just had to get pre-approved first.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.