EQ 595

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
StrawberryIce
Regular Contributor

Re: Any good lenders who would work with a 630 middle score

I know Homebridge would.

Discharged BK7 2013.
NFCU Flagship 16000, NFCU NRewards 16000, NFCU LOC 15000, QuikSilver 1250, JCrew 5050, Pottery Barn 8170, Walmart 3500, Amazon 3500, Lowes 5000, Kays 4000, PayPal 2000, QVC 2000, Sams Club 5000, Evine 1000, CareCredit 1100, Best Buy Visa 500, HHGregg 1500, Banana Republic 300

Message 2 of 12
StartingOver10
Moderator Emerita

Try DallasLoanGuy here on this board, he is right in Texas too Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've had a great experience with http://www.georgetownmtg.com/branches/ this week... mid score was 633

Message 4 of 12
mamatried
Contributor

Try Rich Queen. He is VERY nice and friendly. I spoke with him last fall and he went through my CR with me line by line and what I could do to get my scores up. He is awesome! If he can't get you preapproved, he will give you great advice!

email: rich.queen AT imortgage DOT com 

Rich is licensed in Texas and I believe he bases out of Ft Worth. 

12/23/14: 536 | 4/4/18 714
MAJORS: Chase Slate, Amex Blue, Citi American Airlines, Gap Visa, Cap1 QS, Southwest, AQHA BOA, Discover, Chase Freedom, Citi Best Buy, Cap1 Platinum, BuyPower GM, US Bank H-D STORE Macy's, VS, Home Depot, Old Navy, Kohl's, J Crew, Venus, Care Credit, PayPal Credit LOANS Ally Auto, Prosper, American Financial Resources Home Mortgage (USDA Rural Development)
Message 5 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

BBVA  Compass Home owner made easier may be a possibilty

Message 6 of 12
texasmade
Established Member

@Anonymous wrote:

I've had a great experience with http://www.georgetownmtg.com/branches/ this week... mid score was 633

Did you have to go through any extra hoops,

Message 7 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Are you applying for a VA loan, FHA, USDA, or conventional loan?  I do not have experience with conventional financing but most banks/credit unions will finance with a score of 630 for FHA or USDA (as long as there are no major negative listings). If you are a veteran there are even more opportunity for financing with no money down.

Message 8 of 12
texasmade
Established Member

FHA

@Anonymous wrote:

Are you applying for a VA loan, FHA, USDA, or conventional loan?  I do not have experience with conventional financing but most banks/credit unions will finance with a score of 630 for FHA or USDA (as long as there are no major negative listings). If you are a veteran there are even more opportunity for financing with no money down.

Message 9 of 12
mamatried
Contributor

As long as you don't have any judgements/public records and your accounts are all current and you do not have any collections (aside from medical), and you have 3.5% down and some extra $$ for some of the extraneous expenses, you are likely to find someone to work with you via FHA. 

If you can get that score up a bit more and come up with 5%+ down, you may be able to get a conventional which will save you potential PMI. I know a lot of folks on here talk about dealing with the PMI via FHA and planning to refi in a few years, but rates right now are sooooo good, that I would be a little nervous that rates will have jumped or I wouldn't have enough equity by the time I'd want to refi. 

I've had a lender tell me they can get me approved for FHA with 3.5% down and a 630 middle score, but I want to try to wait and strive for conventional. I don't want any stipulations hanging over my head... 

12/23/14: 536 | 4/4/18 714
MAJORS: Chase Slate, Amex Blue, Citi American Airlines, Gap Visa, Cap1 QS, Southwest, AQHA BOA, Discover, Chase Freedom, Citi Best Buy, Cap1 Platinum, BuyPower GM, US Bank H-D STORE Macy's, VS, Home Depot, Old Navy, Kohl's, J Crew, Venus, Care Credit, PayPal Credit LOANS Ally Auto, Prosper, American Financial Resources Home Mortgage (USDA Rural Development)
Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.