Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any options at this point?

tag
PresidentPatton
Contributor

Any options at this point?

My fiance and I are trying to buy a new house preferably this fall but my stupidity with credit cards has gotten my credit in a situation. I had a NFCU card that I got behind on and they closed a year ago this month. They kept reporting late payments each month after they closed the account. I paid about half of the balance off this past may which then they reported current for 3 months and then started hitting the 30-60-90-120 days late again. In December I paid the account off in preparation for wanting to purchase a new home. Of course I should have done a PFD but I didn't and now they refuse to remove the derogatory marks. Is there any way to get a mortgage in the next month or so with a late payment remark in November? I worked with FGMC on my first house and spoke to them and they want me to wait at least 6 months before applying. Does anyone have a cleaver way of having those late remarks removed? Any help is certainly appreciated.

Pres

PresP
2/6/15: Credit Karma: 626
4/23/13: TU 615, EX 600, EQ 581
1/16/13: TU 585, EX 525, EQ 514
Goal: Purchase Second Home ASAP

Cards: Cap1 Secured - $300; Authorized User on Chase Card: $5500.
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Any options at this point?

Goodwill ad naseum is the only way to get them removed once paid.  I don't know NFCU's policy on that, but maybe you can get them to delete the lates or more likely the tradeline.  Look in the rebuilding forum for more options on that.

Otherwise time eventually heals one's score and one's underwritability (semi-made up word methinks) for a mortgage.

        
Message 2 of 3
PresidentPatton
Contributor

Re: Any options at this point?

Thanks, I'll see what I can find. It would be golden if they would delete the tradeline.

Pres

PresP
2/6/15: Credit Karma: 626
4/23/13: TU 615, EX 600, EQ 581
1/16/13: TU 585, EX 525, EQ 514
Goal: Purchase Second Home ASAP

Cards: Cap1 Secured - $300; Authorized User on Chase Card: $5500.
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.