cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any success stories with Judgment & FHA loan?

tag
Mike_B03
Valued Contributor

Re: Any success stories with Judgment & FHA loan?

@tooleman694 wrote:

PMed you back.

Haha me too. This site needs a better notification system for private messages, that little (1) next to the envelopment isn't very noticeable unless you actually look for it.

Message 11 of 22
tooleman694
Valued Contributor

So any idea when you will get the clear.

Message 12 of 22
Mike_B03
Valued Contributor

In 6 months if all goes well. House construction hasn't even started yet and it's not scheduled ot be done until June.

Message 13 of 22
sharpie
Regular Contributor

i am sending you a PM so please look for it Smiley Happy

Message 14 of 22
tooleman694
Valued Contributor

I see what is going on. We did the samething, went all the way thru underwriting before they started building. Once underwriting came back clear they started building, we close in April.

Message 15 of 22
JM-AM
Valued Contributor

You will go through UW again, stay clean, no new loans, etc etc...

Good Luck
May all your dreams and wishes become a reality!
Message 16 of 22
Mike_B03
Valued Contributor

@JM-AM wrote:

You will go through UW again, stay clean, no new loans, etc etc...

Yep, was told the same thing on another forum. Here is what someone else said:

It really depends when the house is ready. For new construction, you need to be prepared for two full underwriting processes, and here's why: Your credit documents have a limited shelf life. Your credit report most likely is only valid for 90 (maybe 120 days). In your "loan commitment" there should be a date the documentation starts to expire. So while your loan approval should hold up provided nothing changes: your deposits continue from your self employment, your bank statements are relatively the same and your new credit report doesn't reflect new debt and so on and so on. When you have your pre-drywall meeting with the builder, the lender will start to update your file and order the appraisal. It will feel like they have never seen your file before - they will need to re-acquaint themselves with it and make sure you are ready for the second loan submission........like make sure they have a copy of the options check you gave the builder and the statement showing it clearing and so on. Get yourself a big expandable file.......put everything in there......copy every check you deposit that is not payroll......don't make any unilateral decisions if you aren't sure of something. Call your lender first. You'll be fine.......but you do get to repeat the process.

Message 17 of 22
tooleman694
Valued Contributor

Yup we go back in underwriting in March, my scores were around 680 when they ran the first time. Since iv paid off some credit cards to get my util really low, one collection got removed and several accounts hit the one year mark and no new INQs since. Crossing my fingers I hit 700 when they run me again.

That collection that came off was my most recent baddie, but still kind of old it was opened in 2009. Hoping maybe ill get a couple points getting it gone.

Message 18 of 22
JM-AM
Valued Contributor

If it was the last collection and newest collection in my opinion you will have a decent boost. Probably over 700, but depends on what else in on your reports as you already know.

Good Luck
May all your dreams and wishes become a reality!
Message 19 of 22
tooleman694
Valued Contributor

I have one collection left, could not get it removed no matter what I tried. It falls off sometime this year but after we close on the house.

Only other baddie I have is when I defaulted on my student loans 5 years ago and had to get em rehabbed.

Other then that im all good.

Message 20 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.