cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any tips for removing dispute remarks with Equifax?

tag
brookeh1020
New Visitor

Re: Any tips for removing dispute remarks with Equifax?

We started our mortgage process about two months ago and unfortunately were not informed that my credit report had three items that stated the "creditor has disputed the item". When we started underwriting we were informed of these items and told they needed to be removed ASAP which meant we did not have the standard 30 days for the dispute to be removed. I must say this forum was very helpful since we received absolutely no help from our mortgage company. We started by contacting the creditor and of course as expected, the items needed to be paid before they would agree to anything. So we paid the items and then were informed that they could not remove the language because they did not dispute it. My assumption is that we were getting a generic response that they were told to say because each time we called we received the same exact response. We then decided to contact the agencies directly. Transunion and Experian understood exactly what we needed and removed the language immediately with no problem. Then there is Equifax... This was a different story we spoke with several reps that had no clue what we were talking about and continued to refer us back to the creditor which got us no where. FINALLY we spoke with a supervisor with Equifax and she some what understood what we need after an hour of begging and pleading. She then sent us to the EXECUTIVE CONSUMER AFFAIRS DEPARTMENT and that is when we found our savior, Mrs. edited. She knew exactly what we needed and said it would take her around an hour to have the language removed. After two hours we did not hear back from her and we decided to call again since we had heard the same promises so many times before. We contacted the number for Equifax asked the rep for that department she asked who we needed with the department and she stated "oh you're lucky! You got a good one." We were the. Directed straight to her and she had already removed the line and getting ready to call us back.
This almost cost us our dream home.
I hope this helps someone that is having the same problem. It definitely takes a lot of patience but you can fix it quickly if you just keep trying.

Edited to remove someone's name. - llecs, myFICO moderator

Message 101 of 147
arolland
New Visitor

Hello - this post is EXTREMELY helpful as we are in the same exact situation right now.  It is critical as we are literally in the throes of trying to close on a house, and are getting the same exact runaround.   Can you please post the Equifax Executive Consumer Affairs department that you mentioned?  We are really desperate here.  Thanks so much!!

Message 102 of 147
ashdown1967
New Contributor

THIS IS THE NUMBER FOR EQUIFAX edited 404-885-8300 If she doesn't answer leave her a message and she will get back to you. Worked for me.

Good luck.

Edited to remove someone else's name. Please don't post any direct names or direct lines or other direct contact info (e.g. e-mail, personal info, etc.) - llecs, myFICO moderator

Message 103 of 147
arolland
New Visitor

thank you so much!!

Message 104 of 147
skirkpatrick1979

Can someone please PM me the contact number for Equifax, TU, and EX? I just disputed with Citi and so far TU has updated but the comments section states consumer dispute

Thanks
Message 105 of 147
Creditcrazy71

Can someone please please please PM me the number to Dorothy and/or Executive Consumer Services at Equifax.  If anyone has helpful numbers to contact to get a dispute removed at Experian or TU as well.  I really would be thankful.  Trying to close on a home and we're stuck :-(

Message 106 of 147
jazzie4180
Established Member

Sent via PM.

Message 107 of 147
wumainevent
New Visitor

Jazzie, would you be so kind as to PM the Equifax number to me, as well?

Message 108 of 147
jazzie4180
Established Member

Sent

Message 109 of 147
Phunior88

Hi can someone also please PM me the equiffax number?

Message 110 of 147
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.