cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any tips for removing dispute remarks with Equifax?

tag
niko79
Contributor

Re: Any tips for removing dispute remarks with Equifax?

Could someone please provide me with Dorothy's phone number? I am in the middle of mortgage process and I need balances update ASAP. Lender will repull my credit Monday next week.

I have all the letters from creditors but Equifax wants ONLY to start a 30 day dispute process. Already got the balances updated with EX and TU. HELL!

PLEASE HELP!

Thank you!

Message 141 of 147
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry - me too. I haven't even been able to get an annual credit report from Equifax because of site errors or other blocking tactics.  I believe Equifax deliberately denies access to consumer reports - they were recently sued for not correcting errors on a credit report and the plaintiff was awarded $18 million. In my opinion Equifax has a conflict of interest obviously because their primary money-maker is membership fees for derogatory information - not correcting errors in that information. Also Equifax is notorious for denying access and maintaining outdated derogatory information in violation of the FCRA laws and it's almost impossible to remove the info when you cannot even access your credit history. Thousands of people have filed FTC complaints against Equifa and nothing came of it until recently - what's amazing is the mindless stupidity of people bragging and supporting the political party responsible for destroying all federal consumer protection agencies and gutting consumer protection laws that once protected the middle class - and viciously support corporations right to engage in massive fraud and greed. Equifax tactics are well-known so your quickest route to resolving your issue is file a complaint with your state Attorney General's Consumer Protection Office because you get a much quicker response. You can also file an online complaint with the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB) - calling the agency may be quicker though. Good luck and congratulations on your new home!

Message 142 of 147
Anonymous
Not applicable

Can anybody PM the information for an Equifax rep and Experian rep. I've taken care of TransUnion already. We are likely to lose the house if I don't take care of this within 24 hours. 

Thanks so much!

Message 143 of 147
Anonymous
Not applicable

I do not know how to PM people on here, but I do have the email address of the person who can help you. Give me your email address and I will send it to you. 

Message 144 of 147
Anonymous
Not applicable

I sent you a PM. Included is my email address. Thanks so much!

Message 145 of 147
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just responded with the info

Message 146 of 147
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

My goodness this thread started over three years ago and likely contains outdated information so I'm going to lock it.

Message 147 of 147
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.