Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone have a list of banks/lenders for FHA home loans

tag
ilzhoefer
Frequent Contributor

Anyone have a list of banks/lenders for FHA home loans

Hello:

Does anyone have a list of banks or lenders that loan FHA home loans??

Or can make any recommendations of good FHA lenders?

Thank you!

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
DallasLoanGuy
Super Contributor

Re: Anyone have a list of banks/lenders for FHA home loans

most lenders do them.

ask friends/family.coworkers for a referral to a lander they used and was happy with.,

realtors always have some names for you

Retired Lender
Message 2 of 5
ilzhoefer
Frequent Contributor

Well I guess the better question is, I need a loan officer/underwriter who understands FHA extenuating circumstances.....

Chapter Four Section C states:

“An exception may, however, be granted where a borrowers loan was current at the time of his/her divorce, the ex-spouse received the property, and the loan was later foreclosed.”

I divorced and have a marital property disclosure (legally binding) stating that the mortgages were her responsibility financially even though I'm on the loans.

One short sold and the other foreclosed.

One caveat is on the short sale, the first date of default was the same month as the divorce paperwork was getting finalized (going through the court system).

Due to state law, the divorce takes over a year before it becomes finalized in my state.

Sorry, I'm venting a little.

Message 3 of 5
DallasLoanGuy
Super Contributor

@ilzhoefer wrote:

One caveat is on the short sale, the first date of default was the same month as the divorce paperwork was getting finalized (going through the court system).

so. it sounds like you moved out and they didnt pay?

everything else squeeky clean since then?

Retired Lender
Message 4 of 5
ilzhoefer
Frequent Contributor

The short sale was a rental property. tenants destroyed it, un-rentable, just a mess and it short sold....

Squeeky clean since then?? My X was responsible for the primary home, which foreclosed after this. I was on both loans of the properties and she was financially repsonbile for the payments per the marital property agreement. 

I have scores in the low 700's , great DTI, B+ tier credit, etc...

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.