Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone have experience with LoanDepot?

tag
Lynnow
Regular Contributor

Anyone have experience with LoanDepot?

Our builder is using LoanDepot for financing.

On the other hand, Our realtor is also a mortgage broker so she will shop around for us for a good deal as well as pay closing costs. 

LoanDepot stated they would match the interest rate (if we get a better deal) as well as give us the 7500 incentive offered. 

I have no idea what closing costs will be on a new construction. 

Just wondering experience with LoanDepot. Lots of fees? ....etc. 

12 REPLIES 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Anyone have experience with LoanDepot?

I'm actually almost finished with an fha loan with them. I can only speak great things about them. my loan officer with them is highly knowledgeable and the process was very quick 

Message 2 of 13
Lynnow
Regular Contributor

Good to know. Thank you. 

Did they give you a competitive interest rate? 

Message 3 of 13
Cowboys4Life
Frequent Contributor

I am just starting the process with them and I have to echo this experience.  Very smooth and straightforward so far.  No hidden fees that I have encountered and I have been very up front about wanting to know all the costs.  I was pre-approved VERY fast.  DTI:  29%, utilization 1% and income/employment verified without needing to produce any documentation.  

Message 4 of 13
Cowboys4Life
Frequent Contributor

@Lynnow wrote:

Good to know. Thank you. 

They did but in my state there is a special program I qualified for called Homes For Heroes because of my military service. I got a rate of 2.37%.  I still have my VA loan option also.  

Message 5 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Their rate was the lowest I could find. I rate locked at 2.25%

@Lynnow wrote:

Good to know. Thank you. 

Message 6 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was an Underwriting Manager for them for a long time until last year. We care very much about our customers and their experiences. You shouldn't have much in the way of "hidden fees", by the nature of the documents we are required by law to provide it's all very, very transparent.

I can't comment on the pricing but we were competitive I know that.

Message 7 of 13
Lynnow
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous Wow!! That's great!! If you don't mind me asking...what was your middle mortgage score? Was it a conventional loan?  

Feel free to message me if you don't want to post the info on the forum. 

Message 8 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Middle score was 657. we got 6% seller concessions and that bought the rate down to 2.25 plus paying all my closing costs 

Message 9 of 13
MauiMan85297
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Middle score was 657. we got 6% seller concessions and that bought the rate down to 2.25 plus paying all my closing costs 

You shouldn't have to buy the rate down to 2.25% on a government loan today, that's either a no cost rate or if it's VA and depending on loan size it should come with lender credit/rebate.

Think of Loandepot like Quicken (because they are), they have high overhead (Naming rights on buildings, fancy offices not to mentionvery expensive TV commercials) and someone has to pay for these other than ownership so it's handed down to the consumer- it's called margins!

And LD's margins are larger than most companies out there but that's the great thing about shopping for a rate, just because a builder is offering incentives doesn't mean it's financially sound to go with their preferred lender.

I'm having a new build done now and builder was offering $12k if I used their lender, I got them to extend the offer using my lender (I work for them) and they agreed.

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.