Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone used Pulte Mortgage? Curious as to their Online Status Messages

tag
mark1210

Anyone used Pulte Mortgage? Curious as to their Online Status Messages

Hello,

We're using Pulte Mortgage, about a month into the process.  Our online status has gone from "In Process" to  "Conditional Approval' back to "In Process" and back to "Conditional Approval".  As of last week, our status is now "In Closing".  Does anyone know status comes after "In Closing"?  I keep getting conflicting information from everyone I've spoken with so I thought perhaps someone who has been through the process to completion would know.  Is "In Closing" the last step, or is there some final approval or clear to close status that we still need?

Thanks!

Ex: 755, TU: 798, Eq: 714
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
gotideas
New Contributor

Re: Anyone used Pulte Mortgage? Curious as to their Online Status Messages

Hope you have better luck with them than I did.  They gave me conditional approval accepted by 5k earnest money then denied me two weeks from closing and kept my money!  It was because the interest rates went up .25%.  i think the conditional approval was just to get the money after all they can always deny you in the end and they still get your money and whoever else eventually buys the house. 

Message 2 of 7
Mike_B03
Valued Contributor

@gotideas wrote:

Hope you have better luck with them than I did.  They gave me conditional approval accepted by 5k earnest money then denied me two weeks from closing and kept my money!  It was because the interest rates went up .25%.  i think the conditional approval was just to get the money after all they can always deny you in the end and they still get your money and whoever else eventually buys the house. 

Something there doens't seem right. Did you read the contract? There are steps to get the earnest deposit back.

Message 3 of 7
Mike_B03
Valued Contributor

@mark1210 wrote:

Hello,

We're using Pulte Mortgage, about a month into the process.  Our online status has gone from "In Process" to  "Conditional Approval' back to "In Process" and back to "Conditional Approval".  As of last week, our status is now "In Closing".  Does anyone know status comes after "In Closing"?  I keep getting conflicting information from everyone I've spoken with so I thought perhaps someone who has been through the process to completion would know.  Is "In Closing" the last step, or is there some final approval or clear to close status that we still need?

Thanks!

We went through Pulte Mortgage but honestly I don't remember exaclty what came next but I'm pretty sure you're good to go once you're at this step...they are doing looking at all your stuff and are now just processing the closing docs.

Message 4 of 7
portsnhman

If I compare my status with yours, you seem good to go.  I found Pulte one of the best mortgage companies to work with.  My loan processor was simply amazing and watched out for me every step of the way.  I bought a Pulte home and could not be more pleased.  Just don't make any major purchases until after closing.  Congratulations on your new home!

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

My status just changed from "Approved" to "In Closing". Do you remember what was the status after "In Closing" ?

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I dont know about Pulte, but with my builders preferred lender 'in closing' means its CTC and its gone to the closing department for a CD and loan docs to be drawn.  I got my CTC via email with the note that its 'in closing now' for doc prep.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.