cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Applying FHA, Do you think my chances are good?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Applying FHA, Do you think my chances are good?

Applied FHA for 65,000 house

mid score 635

gross without shift diffs 42,000; with shift diffs 54,000

I have been employed with the same company for 7 years, recent job status change in June 2011, as I became an RN

I have 10,000 in 401a and 403b with company

gift of 8000 from parents

usually keep at all times 500 or more in checking; I do have a savings but recently opened

All my debt with mortgage payment and insurance etc, is about 50%

I know not many lenders like a score below 640, or with a DIT that high, however I have never missed a payment and have perfect credit history (minus the score).

Thanks for any feedback

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
boomhower
Valued Contributor

Re: Applying FHA, Do you think my chances are good?

Why is the score so low?  What the negatives are and how recent they are, are just as important as the score itself.  How about positive tradelines?  How many and how long?

Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Like friday is my score.

I have no neg accounts or judgements. Oldest tradelime is a credit card for 3500 had that for 6 yrs. another credit card for 6000 is second oldest at about 4.5 yrs
i have a line of credit for 12000.
Also Credit card for 3300 and another for 3500. N also a store card for 3500 and 7000( 0 balance on this one)
I have 2 cars one which is a joint ownership im throwing out my DTI cuz i have supporting docs that i dont pay the note.
Also student loans.

Pretty much low score due to high balances to credit, i have about 1000 buffer per line of credit available for use besides the 7000 card with 0 balance

All debt is
Revolving about 525 month
Student loans 558
Car note 705
Message 3 of 10
JM-AM
Valued Contributor

You have a fair chance.

Personally I would probably try and pay down some of that debt. First it would increase your scores so a little easier qualifying and second you wont feel as strapped when its time to pay bills.

Like I said you are approvable as is. Find yourself a decent Broker that has lenders who accept a 620 mid score.
Good Luck
May all your dreams and wishes become a reality!
Message 4 of 10
tooleman694
Valued Contributor

Have you consolidated the student loans.

Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

No student loans r not consolidated. Goimg back for masters in the fall.
also i have not ever had a prob paying my bills. Never missed a payment n i have begun paying them down. Im trying to boost my score to have a bigger lender selection
Message 6 of 10
tooleman694
Valued Contributor

I would get your loans done, you could probably cut the payments in half.

However since you are going back for your masters, your loans should go back into deferment and not count against you if you went FHA. That right there should help out your DTI pretty good.

Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes but i dont have time to sit on the house. Its kind of one of those need to happen today things :-(
Message 8 of 10
JM-AM
Valued Contributor

Go speak with a few LO and or Brokers. It is doable.
Good Luck
May all your dreams and wishes become a reality!
Message 9 of 10
MovingForward_2012
Valued Contributor

Go speak to a Broker and try to pay down some of your balances on your cards. That is really driving your score down.

Fewer and fewer lenders are doing 620 loans. It might be quicker to pay off some credit card debt now, wait for the new balances to report, and then get preapproved. As it will take the same amount of time (or less) than it would take to find a 620 lender. You say this needs to be done today so today I would pay your balances down even if you can only do 10%, it will help. Wait for your score to update and if it is at least a 640, it will be easier to find a lender as there are more lenders that do 640 vs 620. Once you are preapproved, continue to get those credit card balances down so that you aren't on the edge of just barely qualifying. Most lenders do another credit pull right before closing and there have been folks that were denied at the last minute because their score dropped below the qualifying threshold.

Pay the balances down on the cards that will report updated balances to your credit report quicker. Those cards will be the ones that have statement dates coming out the soonest. In other words, don't pay down the cards that just released a monthly statement and already reported to the credit bureaus, as you would have to wait a month for a score update.

Your credit cards typically report to the bureaus a couple of days after the statement cuts so you will need to pay at least a couple of days before the statement cuts for you to get your payment reflected on your reports for that month.
Cards: Orchard Bank ($1100) | Cap1 Cash Rewards ($2500) | Chase Freedom ($1000) | Best Buy ($2500) | Discover It ($1000) | Barclay Rewards ($2500) | Current scores: EX FAKO: 684, CK TU: 649, FICO EQ: 680, FICO TU: 698, FICO EX: 658 Happy Homeowner Since 2/6/13! Smiley Happy Last App: 4/5/13 Gardening until July 2014
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.