cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Applying for credit cards after closing?

tag
jadeite788
Established Contributor

Re: Applying for credit cards after closing?

@DallasLoanGuy wrote:

any new credit they dig up post closing is not an issue so long as you didn't apply before funding.

Sweet, doing a renovation asap.

Starting Score: 565
Current Experian Score: 634 (Lender pull)
Current Equifax Score: previous 668, 680 as of 11/12/13 lender pull
Current Transunion Score: previous 675,677 as of 09/23/13
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 11 of 17
FLAJenn
Regular Contributor

Good news to report! I got approved at my local CU for a visa rewards card for 1k, and rooms to go for $3200 Smiley Happy Fiancee got approved for Walmart and Amazon visa cc. App spree complete. Yayyy going to get new furniture on saturday. Prolly won't have furniture until Monday, unless they can deliver on short notcie on Sunday, lol

Message 12 of 17
IamMrsJones

Trust me on this... Rooms To Go is NOT where you want to buy furniture. 

1. The quality is substandard

2. The prices are wayyy too inflated.

There isn't one person I know (and I know several) who has bought furniture from Rooms to Go that has it and it is perfectly intact 5 years later, with regular usage. My sister in law ended up having to replace her entire dining room.

We didn't wait until closing. We've purchased furniture while we're still processing, but we PURPOSELY passed up Rooms to Go. 

Message 13 of 17
jadeite788
Established Contributor

i don't like rooms to go at all.

Starting Score: 565
Current Experian Score: 634 (Lender pull)
Current Equifax Score: previous 668, 680 as of 11/12/13 lender pull
Current Transunion Score: previous 675,677 as of 09/23/13
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 14 of 17
Amythyst
Contributor

We had a hard time finding a good place to get furniture that wasn't overpriced.  We went to all the stores... Value City, Regency, Ashley and then the Ethan Allan's and Haverty's.  If we had gone with Rooms to Go we would have had to order online and I didn't like the idea of buying furniture online that I couldn't touch or sit in.  So, we ended up using a local furniture company in our city.  They had really great deals, good quality stuff and because we bought a lot of different things...they gave us discounts and cut us better deals.  I also didn't like the cheaper stores because you couldn't customize stuff.  If you didn't like the color or the fabric you couldn't change it.  It took about a month for us to get our furniture...but we're really happy with everything.  I highly recommend looking for a local store in your area. Smiley Happy

Message 15 of 17
Cracka
Valued Member

Congrats on your home and app spree. I too just closed and appes for a lowes card. I asked for $3k and was instantly approved at the store. I kicked myself for not asking for more, so I called to recon and they approved an additional $3k more for a total of $6k!!! I'll wait 4 statements and request another CLI again!!

Starting Score: 639
Current Score: 648 EQ, 664 TU
Goal Score: 720

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 16 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

New home purchase wait three days or when handed the keys? For new credit app.
Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.