Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Appraisals

tag
Sbrooks1
Valued Contributor

Appraisals

Still no word on appraisal!! I really think it's more my realtor lack of follow up than the lender. But what can I do at this point but hang on! Hopefully everything works out just may be delayed
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
kc0039
Established Contributor

Re: Appraisals

Ask your lender.. they're the ones that are in charge of ordering appraisal

Licensed in IL
Message 2 of 11
JGGM
Frequent Contributor

I think your blame is mis-placed.  Realtors do not order appraisals. The lender does. All the Realtor typically does is let the seller know when the appraiser is coming by the house. Most appraisers have the realtor key box thing that lets them in, so nobody needs to be home anyway. I'd ask your loan officer....because your Realtor has nothing to do with scheduling the appraisal or the timely receipt of an appraisal. 

Current Score 7-1-21: TU: 812 EX: 805 EQ: 839
Goal Score:ACHIEVED - 800 Across the Board
In My Wallet: Cap1 QS - PenFed Power Cash Rewards - PenFed Promise - AmEx Delta Platinum - DISCO - NFCU Cash Rewards - Chase Sapphire Preferred

Message 3 of 11
Sbrooks1
Valued Contributor

I just think my realtor has no follow up , I know it's not her fault , but she could have kept in contact with the lender to kind if push to get it done . In my opinion FWIW. Appraisal came in at 5 pm today so fingers crossed that no hurdles in final UW !!
Message 4 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Once our deal was written up and accepted we did not really talk to our realtor at all except for him to file for a extension. You should be pressuring your loan officer for follow up and to move it along and speak with you.
Message 5 of 11
StartingOver10
Moderator Emerita

I am glad the appraisal came in yesterday (24 hours late) and wasn't delayed until next week as you thought originally. Are you still having to delay your closing 2 weeks?

Message 6 of 11
Sbrooks1
Valued Contributor

Actually, it should have been done on the 10th🙁 Not sure about closing, goal is still for Friday, but it would take a miracle for that to happen. Still have to get thru final UW so not sure yet that it even will happen😩 Never know till we sign on the dotted line! Hopeful though
Message 7 of 11
StartingOver10
Moderator Emerita

@Sbrooks1 wrote:
Actually, it should have been done on the 10th🙁 Not sure about closing, goal is still for Friday, but it would take a miracle for that to happen. Still have to get thru final UW so not sure yet that it even will happen😩 Never know till we sign on the dotted line! Hopeful though

They should be able to make Friday, that's 5 days away. U/W doesn't take that long.  Is that your original close date or a later date?

Message 8 of 11
Sbrooks1
Valued Contributor

It's the original date, Jim said he would try and I know he will!
Message 9 of 11
StartingOver10
Moderator Emerita

I all the years I've used him (close to 20 now) - he has only missed twice and I've had hundreds of closings with him....I think you have a very good shot of closing on time unless something unexpected happens.

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.