Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Are LOE's always necessary?

tag
AshCas
Regular Contributor

Are LOE's always necessary?

We're getting ready to apply for our first mortgage (probably going FHA route). 

Our scores are way above the minimum of 640, and currently have no outstanding debt of any kind.  We have no auto loans, no major credit card debt (we pay in full each month), and only my husbands student loans, which have never reported a negative. I do have an old paid collection on my report from 2008 - it's the only negative on my report.  I'm curious if I'll have to write an LOE for this or not.  My credit has been perfect since!

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
boomhower
Valued Contributor

Re: Are LOE's always necessary?

Most likely.  Pretty much everyone has to write an LOE for something.  It's just paperwork, nothing to worry about.  Just something to stick in your file.

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Maybe not. DH had one collection on his report when it was pulled by our bank. It was subsequently removed but they didn't pull his report again for the updated status. We closed a couple days ago and didn't have to turn in a LOE for anything.

Message 3 of 5
JM-AM
Valued Contributor

It is all underwriter descretion. But is not something to stress and worry about.

Good Luck
May all your dreams and wishes become a reality!
Message 4 of 5
Familywantsahouse
Frequent Contributor

We have a 1200 6.5 year old CO and loan officer has not yet mentioned a LOE...

2/24 (Lender Pull) EQ 613, TU 553, EX 589
April EQ 633, My Fico TU 638, EX ??
Current EQ 643, TU 652, EX 633 (lender pull 5/11)
Goal (we made it!!)- Over 640 middle by 5/15
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.