cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Are Ryan homes strict with approvals?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Are Ryan homes strict with approvals?

Shogun I understand that a lender will not be able to factor in my extra income and that is why I never mentioned it in my original post. To answer your questions 1. I will be applying in September of this year. 

2. I have absolutely no idea. Could you tell me? I'm not sure exactly how long it takes to generate a score. Would me adding him as an authorized user be enough get him a score?

3. I am open to whatever loan that is most helpful to my situation but I was thinking fha. The most that I can put down would be $40,000  for down payment. I u derstand that there are closing costs but maybe Ryan would cover them. If not it will knock down the down payment and have to come from there.

Message 21 of 36
Lemmus
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Lemmus and ezdriver could you both please show me where I said that I have a strategy on making a bank loan me anything? 

Wow didn't know that my responding to someone who asked me a question "Isn't 250,000 a stretch on my income" would bring out all the posters with smart mouth responses and nothing really valuable to add.  

...friendly and supportive, eh ...I rest my case ... Smiley LOL

Helpful Links: Do I Qualify? | Mortgage Calculator | USDA Mortgages | Opt Out | FICO Versions
Last HP: 11/04/15 | myFico 3B Jun 10 '15:FICO8 EQ - 752 | TU - 763 | EX - 750
Message 22 of 36
Anonymous
Not applicable

^I would like to apologize if I offended you with that comment Lemmus. I have been a long time lurker here and finally decided to join. You and another poster by the name of Startingover have actually been favorites of mine and I love hearing the advice that offer. Please do accept my apologies Smiley Happy

Message 23 of 36
DallasLoanGuy
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

What's alternate credit? Could you elaborate please?

things not on credit that he pays.

#1 is rent and we need that 99% of the time.

other alt trades are electric bill, car insurance, ect

Retired Lender
Message 24 of 36
Anonymous
Not applicable

He's lived with me for the last 10 years Dallas and I own my house.

Message 25 of 36
DallasLoanGuy
Super Contributor

own ouitright?  no mtg?

does he contribute to the household in some ways?

Retired Lender
Message 26 of 36
Anonymous
Not applicable

No I still have a mortgage left and he had utility bill in his name years ago but not anymore. He is on social security.

Message 27 of 36
Lemmus
Established Contributor

...noted, accepted

...I see a lot of posts here from new posters and there are patterns in most ...many are sensitive to the somewhat personal info they are exposing and leave out essential info because of that ...some of us try to elicit the info needed to provide not only a direct answer to the question asked but to the questions we think the poster should be asking ...because the poster may be asking the wrong question or assuming things that simply are not so ...imnsho of course

...you responded to the income question another posted with the answer that you would be "fine" because you had other income ...you seemed to think the question was pointed at how you would manage paying for the mortgage ...and thus attacking your income ...others saw it as a very legitimate question directed at how you were going to convince a lender to approve that size mortgage based on your qualifying income 

...your reply struck some as flippant and dismissive of the real heart of your original question ...not just do you qualify for a certain amount but, if the answer is no, then what do you need to do to get to a yes ...saying you have other income that can't be used to qualify isn't an answer imnsho ...its simply not a part of the mortgage approval issue ...and the subsequent posts targeted that ...ez responded appropriately to you imnsho ...you took it personally when it wasn't intended as such

...Shogun removed my subsequent response as he should have

...but understand that I know of no poster here that is trying to be a smart-ass or providing less than useful information ...sometimes we try to put a little humor into the responses ...and sometimes posters asking what are to them close to life and death issues fail to see that ...a little give on both sides goes a long way, eh 

Helpful Links: Do I Qualify? | Mortgage Calculator | USDA Mortgages | Opt Out | FICO Versions
Last HP: 11/04/15 | myFico 3B Jun 10 '15:FICO8 EQ - 752 | TU - 763 | EX - 750
Message 28 of 36
Anonymous
Not applicable

Okay it's fine I've been around long enough to know that if you're a new poster you will always be seen as in the wrong over regular posters. I'm fine with moving on and leaving this issue behind so that I can get the focus back on my original matter at hand.

Dallas will the lender most likely tell us right at the start that he will not qualify because of the lack of score? I mean when I do the prequalification minus the credit pull.

Message 29 of 36
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Okay it's fine I've been around long enough to know that if you're a new poster you will always be seen as in the wrong over regular posters. 

Wow, that's a really unfair assumption. 

Message 30 of 36
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.