Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Are the Underwriters gonna hate me??

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Are the Underwriters gonna hate me??

I have very clean, but limited credit and okay scores 682 684, and have been preapproved for a mortgage.  However, I'm pretty broke with actual cash and have overdrawn my account a couple of times in the past few months - once OD from savings and once was my rent check and the bank covered it and my direct deposit hit the next day.  I'm concerned after reading this board that the underwriters are gonna stick it to me because I'm not carrying a big load of cash around in the bank.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Jazzzy
Valued Contributor

Re: Are the Underwriters gonna hate me??

I can't say how the underwriters will look at this. What type of loan are you getting?

Do you need any funds for downpayment?

Just a word here...if you're not going into owning a house with some cash in the bank, you could end up in a world of hurt. My daughter closed last August. The basement has flooded, the dishwasher is dead, and the plumber has been there numerous times for clogged pipes. None of this is cheap. They haven't been able to spend one penny on things they wanted for the house (like a table to eat at).

It takes some padding in the bank account to buy a house.

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Are the Underwriters gonna hate me??

I have and will have plenty of cash and luckily a great support system, so I will be fine monetarily.  Thanks though.

Really I'm just curious on how much the underwriters look at personal finances outside of salary and DTI.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.