cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Are we going to close?

tag
gjlee

Are we going to close?

It's crunch time. We're set to close this Friday at 10am but no CTC yet.

Last Thursday, LO says we're good to go sending info needed to UW after the conditional approval. She's keeping her eyes on it and we should be good to close on time since UW needs about 3 days to review. Then Friday evening, the LP calls and says she needs documentation from the state. Well, state doesn't work weekend so I spent this Monday calling for all necessary documents. I believe we are all good to go per my LO now. And I'm waiting...just waiting. She had said the UW needed 3 days but don't I need the CTC or final closing disclosures at least 3 days before closing?

Has anyone gone this close and closed successfully? Is there hope? I'm so nervous! I've been checking phone and email all day.

Starting Score: 504
Current Score: 712
Goal Score: 750

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
kc0039
Established Contributor

Re: Are we going to close?

@gjlee wrote:

It's crunch time. We're set to close this Friday at 10am but no CTC yet.

Last Thursday, LO says we're good to go sending info needed to UW after the conditional approval. She's keeping her eyes on it and we should be good to close on time since UW needs about 3 days to review. Then Friday evening, the LP calls and says she needs documentation from the state. Well, state doesn't work weekend so I spent this Monday calling for all necessary documents. I believe we are all good to go per my LO now. And I'm waiting...just waiting. She had said the UW needed 3 days but don't I need the CTC or final closing disclosures at least 3 days before closing?

Has anyone gone this close and closed successfully? Is there hope? I'm so nervous! I've been checking phone and email all day.

I just got my clients to sign their "initial" closing disclosure and they're closing Friday. It really depends on how the lenders work. I don't give the final figures until the day before closing because there are times when the figures would change between my closers and the title company. I wait until 3 hours before end of business day to give the final figures which are okay with my clients.

Licensed in IL
Message 2 of 8
gjlee

That's good to hear! The UW now needs a bank verification that my bank account is indeed mine-the printoff I got from the banker did not list my name on it of all things! I will be running to the bank as soon as I get off work for a verification letter. The LO said we should be good to go for sure if it gets in tonight. I hope so!!

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I didn't receive my final figures until about a half hour into my closing and after the 3rd correction...to say the least it was a mess. To top it off the notary called up at the last minute to handle the closing was attending a closing for the first time ever. But I had a incredible agent, and happy to say closed that day even if it was an hour or two late.
Message 4 of 8
me12345
Frequent Contributor

They should have requested the Closing Disclosures as soon as they got a "Conditional Approval"  (Maybe they did) you dont have to wait for a "Final Approval" to request the CD...

Thanks,

VA & FHA down to 550...
Licensed Senior Mortgage Loan Officer in the states of Arizona & California
Specializing in VA, FHA, USDA & Conventional loans. My company is also licensed in 12 states, Arizona, Colorado, Nevada, California, Oregon, Washington, Utah,
Alaska, New Mexico, Texas, Illinois and Florida
Message 5 of 8
gjlee

Update: We went back into the bank this morning to get another verification letter. it's now 4pm CST where I am. I just received a text we are clear from UW and should be set to close this Friday at 10am. Thank goodness because my husband and I are ready to throw in the white flag!! I'll provided an update on Friday whether we close or not!

Message 6 of 8
JGGM
Frequent Contributor

Fingers crossed for you guys! Do let us know Friday how it went. I got a mortgage pre approval yesterday and will start looking this weekend. I am already nervous and anxious about the whole process and it's barely started. I read all these stressful horror stories on here and freak out lol. 

Current Score 7-1-21: TU: 812 EX: 805 EQ: 839
Goal Score:ACHIEVED - 800 Across the Board
In My Wallet: Cap1 QS - PenFed Power Cash Rewards - PenFed Promise - AmEx Delta Platinum - DISCO - NFCU Cash Rewards - Chase Sapphire Preferred

Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Any update??
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.