cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Are you with me?

Auto Loans for ANY Credit Situation. Immediate Response.
Advertiser disclosure
Regular Contributor

Are you with me?

Or am I the only one who looked on Zillow everyday to see if the "views" and "people who love" numbers were going up? Lol

Only a couple days from closing. We put an offer the day they started the showings and we were the second people to look at the house. Today I looked on Zillow and it's gone. Yay!!! It's feels more real for some stupid reason


Starting score May 2015 500's across the boards
Now - 610 EQ 598 TU 597 EX
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Moderator Emerita

Re: Are you with me?


@Katheryne88 wrote:
Or am I the only one who looked on Zillow everyday to see if the "views" and "people who love" numbers were going up? Lol

Only a couple days from closing. We put an offer the day they started the showings and we were the second people to look at the house. Today I looked on Zillow and it's gone. Yay!!! It's feels more real for some stupid reason

No, you aren't the only one Smiley Happy

 

When you see the property is "gone" that usually means the MLS status has changed from Contingent (meaning there is a contract contingent on some event happening like mortgage approval) to pending (meaning all contingencies have been satisfied). The status change is picked up by Zillow off the MLS feed. Congrats! You are almost there!

Message 2 of 8
New Contributor

Re: Are you with me?

I can say the same, but I am on the other end of that stick.

 

I check zillow and look at my views and saves going up and up, but no offers yet lol.  I have more views and saves than any other house in the area, its crazy!

 

As of this moment:

 

26 days on the market

2331 views since listing

4351 all time views

56 saves

0 offers

 

Plus I've shown the house probably 7 times by now.

Message 3 of 8
Moderator Emerita

Re: Are you with me?


@Xistaben2 wrote:

I can say the same, but I am on the other end of that stick.

 

I check zillow and look at my views and saves going up and up, but no offers yet lol.  I have more views and saves than any other house in the area, its crazy!

 

As of this moment:

 

26 days on the market

2331 views since listing

4351 all time views

56 saves

0 offers

 

Plus I've shown the house probably 7 times by now.


^^^this is interesting.   Normally when we see 26 days and only 7 showings it indicates a pricing issue.  56 saves is good, but the question for your Realtor is why haven't you had more showings since there are 56 saves?  It is not that you get 56 showings out of 56 saves - that would be wonderful, but it never happens that way. But you should have more than 12.5% of the buyers that like your home looking at it by now.  

 

Check your comps again. Make sure your Realtor is using actual comps. Is there something in the MLS that would deter a buyer? For example a long close or rent back or something else?  That could hold back showings too. One more thing to check, make sure the property is listed in the right geo code for your area.  Some agents make a small mistake and this can kill your showings. 

Message 4 of 8
New Contributor

Re: Are you with me?


@StartingOver10 wrote:

@Xistaben2 wrote:

I can say the same, but I am on the other end of that stick.

 

I check zillow and look at my views and saves going up and up, but no offers yet lol.  I have more views and saves than any other house in the area, its crazy!

 

As of this moment:

 

26 days on the market

2331 views since listing

4351 all time views

56 saves

0 offers

 

Plus I've shown the house probably 7 times by now.


^^^this is interesting.   Normally when we see 26 days and only 7 showings it indicates a pricing issue.  56 saves is good, but the question for your Realtor is why haven't you had more showings since there are 56 saves?  It is not that you get 56 showings out of 56 saves - that would be wonderful, but it never happens that way. But you should have more than 12.5% of the buyers that like your home looking at it by now.  

 

Check your comps again. Make sure your Realtor is using actual comps. Is there something in the MLS that would deter a buyer? For example a long close or rent back or something else?  That could hold back showings too. One more thing to check, make sure the property is listed in the right geo code for your area.  Some agents make a small mistake and this can kill your showings. 


I am not fully convinced that my Realtor is doing a whole lot to push the property, which is a mistake on his part because he is cut in on the new house which is twice the price, but one can't happen without the other.

 

As of right now, I am listed $2000 above his fair market price, but again, I have the only fully updated/renovated house in the area, the listed comps are at my pricepoint and not nearly as nice and the sold comps are at my pricepoint or higher than mine.  Some updated, some not.

 

It's been kind of a weird road for me and I am not sure if the realtor is the problem, or I am expecting too much.  I would think even being over by 2k, I would have at least one offer, probably under my list.  I am giving it some more time and I will reduce later probably.

Message 5 of 8
Regular Contributor

Re: Are you with me?

Xistaben - my previous realtor pushed some homes more than others, the home market has become some sort of nasty ring where people aren't so loyal anymore.

Also I would see her post some homes on Facebook pages and advertising while some others just sat on Zillow.

I'm glad we chose a realtor who cared about us so much that she took a cut on commission because the seller "though" it was too much. Share your home on community pages on Facebook, that seems to be the new way of doing it now.


Starting score May 2015 500's across the boards
Now - 610 EQ 598 TU 597 EX
Message 6 of 8
Established Contributor

Re: Are you with me?


@Xistaben2 wrote:

I can say the same, but I am on the other end of that stick.

 

I check zillow and look at my views and saves going up and up, but no offers yet lol.  I have more views and saves than any other house in the area, its crazy!

 


This was the coolest thing when we put our place up for sale!  We tracked views and saves on StreetEasy.  We listed on Thursday and had the highest number of saves for similar homes.  It accurately reflected the amount of interest:  there were lots of people at the open house (our agent scheduled another one the next day).  We had multiple offers within 5 days of listing, and were in contract within a week.

Message 7 of 8
Member

Re: Are you with me?

What feed back did you get from the showings you did have?When we were looking at homes there were some that turned us off NOT because of the price. Some other things could be neighbors that were rude, pet smells, garage conversions , strange backyards... Also depending on your pricing point cut off. Like I think a lot of people search in increments of 25000. So pricing your home at 252,000 may get less views than 250,000. Just my opinion.

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.