Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Authorized User + Mortgage Scores

tag
ISingtoLife
Established Member

Authorized User + Mortgage Scores

I tried searching but wanted to specifically ask what I'm dying to know.

my mom added me to a few Chase Cards but they are roughly at 53% and 43% utilization. FICO mentiones on the scoring chart that they don't take into account AU accounts for scoring but 🤔

does this hold true for FICO mortgage scores as well? I have paid off all my own trades lines and I'm thinking to just have her remove me to maybe bump my score. 

im at a loss. 

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Authorized User + Mortgage Scores

It does not hold for mortgage scoring, if it's on your reports it counts. 

FICO 8 doesn't necessarily discount it either, there's some anti-abuse algorithm that got implemented so they might be impacting your score.  Put a small balance on one of your own cards and airstrike the AU's if there are significant balances is what I'd do personally for optimizing for a mortgage if I weren't already gold plated (read as 740+ or even 760+ if not putting down 20%).

        
Message 2 of 4
ISingtoLife
Established Member

@Revelate pardon me for asking but what does airstrike mean? Tackle the debt (even though its not mine) or remove myself from the account? 

Thanks! 

Message 3 of 4
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@ISingtoLife wrote:

@Revelate pardon me for asking but what does airstrike mean? Tackle the debt (even though its not mine) or remove myself from the account? 

Thanks! 

Ah sorry, remove it Smiley Wink

        
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.