cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automated Approvals & Manually Underwritten Loans....... What is the difference?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Automated Approvals & Manually Underwritten Loans....... What is the difference?

Thanks for all this information.

I see having a thin credit file listed as a cause for concern/referral/manual underwriting, but not AAoA.

Does low AAoA equal thin credit for these purposes?

Or does a low AAoA just lower the credit score but not neccessarily the outcome of a mortgage loan application if the credit score is still high enough?

Thanks Smiley Happy

Message 11 of 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Automated Approvals & Manually Underwritten Loans....... What is the difference?

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks for all this information.

I see having a thin credit file listed as a cause for concern/referral/manual underwriting, but not AAoA.

Does low AAoA equal thin credit for these purposes?

Or does a low AAoA just lower the credit score but not neccessarily the outcome of a mortgage loan application if the credit score is still high enough?

Thanks Smiley Happy

I am curioous about this as well.  I have 8 years credit history now since a credit card that I am an AU on started reporting recently.  Without that card then I am only at 2 years.  Wondering if they will discount the AU card all together when underwriting looks at it.  I am in underwriting now and I have heard people post that underwriters do not like AU CC accounts.  Wondering if this will cause me problems in underwriting along with it reducing my AAoA.

Message 12 of 32
frugalQ
Valued Contributor

thin credit file does not only mean low AoAA.  I can also mean you have less than 3 credit tradelines.

AmEx Green NPSL | Amex BCP 16K | Citi Simplicity 10k | Discover IT 9K | Chase Slate 7.5K | Amex Hilton HHonors Surpass 7K | Capital One QuickSilver 6K | Home Depot 5k | Chase Freedom 4.5K | LOC 2.5K
Message 13 of 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

Great post. On USDA guarantee, it can go through GUS (automative) and then it still is verified thourgh a human right after. If I understand right per your post. Two people rubber stamp it then? Or, is the human verification just that. Verifying what was put into GUS? Confused.

Thanks

Message 14 of 32
frugalQ
Valued Contributor

what I gather from reading here...it's approved through GUS, then an actual person at the bank verifies the info submitted. after lender approval, it goes to another person at USDA to review and USDA approval.
AmEx Green NPSL | Amex BCP 16K | Citi Simplicity 10k | Discover IT 9K | Chase Slate 7.5K | Amex Hilton HHonors Surpass 7K | Capital One QuickSilver 6K | Home Depot 5k | Chase Freedom 4.5K | LOC 2.5K
Message 15 of 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

@frugalQ wrote:
what I gather from reading here...it's approved through GUS, then an actual person at the bank verifies the info submitted. after lender approval, it goes to another person at USDA to review and USDA approval.

Passed bank UW, then GUS, now its going to USDA. Why double verification on USDA?

Message 16 of 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

This is my first home purchase experience. My VA loan came back as a refer. The LO said it is because of the remarks that say I disputed. My scores are OK and I do not have a really thin file. He said he sees for no reason that it will not be approved. It is slated to be in front of the manual underwriter today. I just hope it comes out ok because I am being relocated for work.

Message 17 of 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

It is sort of a final look at the file. The first two items can be complete with just the LO file submission, and the third must clear through an underwriter with the lender. 

Message 18 of 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

Let me ask you this though... I have a credit score of 640 & going through usda we were approved with conditions...Because i had a disputed acct on my credit report it would not give the automated approval. We had to have a manual underwrite instead. They have requested 12 months of cancelled rent checks. I know for 640 and above they don't require vor but because it had to be manually underwritten now they want it. I only have 7 the other months were paid with cash.. do you think this will then have the loan denied?????
Message 19 of 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

Message 20 of 32
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.