Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BK not on credit reports, do they check other databases before getting a loan

tag
johnnypinaz
New Contributor

BK not on credit reports, do they check other databases before getting a loan

I am interested in getting a home loan. I have a 680 FICO and they will hit over 700+ next month.

I did have a BK in 2009 but it was cleared from my credit reports. When I go to apply for a loan are they going to check this out in other ways or do they go off only the credit report?  

Thanks ahead

Starting Score: 590
Current Score: 730
Goal Score: 750

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
StartingOver10
Moderator Emerita

Re: BK not on credit reports, do they check other databases before getting a loan

It is public record.

It is on PACER for any and all to see.

Also you have to list your BK on your mortgage application, it is one of the specific questions asked. Look up a 1003 mortgage app and you will see. That is the app form everyone uses. You don't want to forget to mention it as it is considered mortgage fraud.

Don't worry, its already been quite a while since the BK so if you have established your credit since your discharge, then it won't be an issue.

Message 2 of 5
MovingForward_2012
Valued Contributor

Re: BK not on credit reports, do they check other databases before getting a loan

+1000 Disclose the BK. it won't hurt you if you have reestablished since. I had to disclose 2 BKs, a 7 and a 13, filed in 2003 and 2005. Only the 7 remains and will delete in Aug after 10 years. Question: how did a 7 disappear from your CRs before 2019??? I have never heard of such a thing. Anyways, you need to disclose it per the law. Anyone can view your records on Pacer. I had to provide filing and discharge paperwork and also write an LOE. I ran into absolutely no issues.
Cards: Orchard Bank ($1100) | Cap1 Cash Rewards ($2500) | Chase Freedom ($1000) | Best Buy ($2500) | Discover It ($1000) | Barclay Rewards ($2500) | Current scores: EX FAKO: 684, CK TU: 649, FICO EQ: 680, FICO TU: 698, FICO EX: 658 Happy Homeowner Since 2/6/13! Smiley Happy Last App: 4/5/13 Gardening until July 2014
Message 3 of 5
johnnypinaz
New Contributor

Excellent advice. I wasnt sure if they would specifically ask that but will give them everything they need. 

Starting Score: 590
Current Score: 730
Goal Score: 750

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 4 of 5
DallasLoanGuy
Super Contributor

@johnnypinaz wrote:

I am interested in getting a home loan. I have a 680 FICO and they will hit over 700+ next month.

I did have a BK in 2009 but it was cleared from my credit reports. When I go to apply for a loan are they going to check this out in other ways or do they go off only the credit report?  

Thanks ahead

it doesnt matter if it isnt on the reports or not.... you must declare the bk on the initial application..... not doing so would be Mortgage Fraud => A Federal Crime!!!!!

Retired Lender
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.