cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bad surprise by landlord = WE CLOSED 8/21/18 - YAY!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Bad surprise by landlord - will update thread as we go along

so we called the lawyer handling the foreclosure to see what they could tell us. the girl upstairs did the talking since shes the one with the baby haha.

the rep told us whether someone buys it or the bank takes over they are legally obligated to keep the utilities on until they evict us which we will get get notice in the mail and its normally 30 days after that. whew!
Message 21 of 155
Anonymous
Not applicable

3/26 4pm - HUGE pile of paperwork delivered to the mortgage rep! fingers crossed! she said we should hear by tomoro afternoon.. nothings changed since she originally ran our credit so she doesnt forsee any problems

Message 22 of 155
Anonymous
Not applicable

3/27 -430pm - went to go look at a house. it was redone by house flippers 3 years ago and now the people who bought it from them are being foreclosed on smh.

we found a grow room in the basement 😂. it is gorgeous on the inside. central air and heat. living room/ kitchen/ bathroom/ 1 bedroom on the first floor and 2 bedrooms on the second. screened in front porch, big back and garage.

stilllll waiting on the mortgage lady. havent heard from her at all. no news is good news? just want that letter! been staring at my phone all day! 😢
Message 23 of 155
the_jan_b
Established Contributor

@Anonymouswrote:
3/27 -430pm - went to go look at a house. it was redone by house flippers 3 years ago and now the people who bought it from them are being foreclosed on smh.

we found a grow room in the basement 😂. it is gorgeous on the inside. central air and heat. living room/ kitchen/ bathroom/ 1 bedroom on the first floor and 2 bedrooms on the second. screened in front porch, big back and garage.

stilllll waiting on the mortgage lady. havent heard from her at all. no news is good news? just want that letter! been staring at my phone all day! 😢

Keeping my fingers crossed for you!  Smiley Happy

Enjoying your freedom? Thank a servicemember and their family!

In the garden since 26 Jun 14...

I am digitaldiva's alter-ego

Message 24 of 155
Anonymous
Not applicable

3/28 - got a phone call from the landlord today the somehow he "stopped" the foreclosure - guess Son bailed him out or whatever.

but we are moving forward. hes on shaky ground. 

stillll waiting on preapproval grr!

Message 25 of 155
Kree
Established Contributor

@Anonymouswrote:

3/28 - got a phone call from the landlord today the somehow he "stopped" the foreclosure - guess Son bailed him out or whatever.

Good luck, and thanks for all the updates.

Message 26 of 155
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'd definitely not trust the landlord regarding the foreclosure (or anything else) and proceed with finding new housing. He obviously didn't have your best interests in mind when he failed to mention the foreclosure for months and months. Perhaps he's just trying to keep your rent checks coming in as long as possible until suddenly the foreclosure is 'back on again' for reasons 'out of his control'.

Message 27 of 155
kilroy8
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@Anonymouswrote:

I would have pressed him a bit on this - how do you "stop" a foreclosure, when you are not the plaintiff? Could be he asked for arbitration and that could lead to a loan modification and might allow him to keep the property. That process usually takes a few months, though.

Message 28 of 155
Anonymous
Not applicable

he said he "took money out of his savings" and brought the mortgage up to to date.. we all know the son keeps bailing him out..

whatever the case we are proceeding -

i spoke to the mortgage lady she said the app had to be reviewed by her manager as i am currently out on TDI(short term disability in Rhode Island) as i had surgery on my feet) and i will hear back in 24-48 hours.

and yes we are contuining to pay rent. idc what he does with it i just want a record that WE were paying so that he cant say we werent and also to show whoever in the future
Message 29 of 155
Anonymous
Not applicable

oh yeah... he suddenly remembered he could take money out of his savings to prevent a foreclosure that was already in progress. No red flags there at all. Or maybe Donald Trump stopped by personally and gave him a 'pardon'. 

Probably a good idea to keep paying your rent. But definitely get your exit strategy worked out.

Message 30 of 155
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.