Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BamaGuy gets his "conditions" Frugal in good mood

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

BamaGuy gets his "conditions" Frugal in good mood

Almost 4 days of nothing from the 'processor" I thought I was going to get "Clear to Close NO conditions.  No dice.  At 4:58 on a friday I was playing Call of Duty when my Iphone beeped with incoming email.  I was gonna ignore it, but saw it was from the "processor" so backed out of the online game while my team was ahead.  Sacriledge.

"Email from the "processor" this late on FRIDAY??  This can't be good"  It read the following-

"XXXX Mortgage Company is pleased to advise your request for a loan in the amount of xxxxxx on the above referenced property has been conditionaly approved.  We still need the items below in order to close your loan by the scheduled closing date."

They want a LOE on some additional addresses with my name.

I have a inquiry from Chase, they want to know what thats about.  Back in Jan and Feb I app and recieved a Chase Freedom and AARP.  Those accounts are showing in my CR.  Did he not see them?  I just have to confirm the inquiry led to the accounts.  The balances on both cards are less than 25 dollars as I type this.  My plan is to print out the statements and send them in.

I have 2 routine papers to sign.  Something about the Patriot Act, and a URLA.  I don't even know what a urla is.  My job is to print them, sign them, return via scanned email.

So I got off real easy.

I called my DW at the office.  "They finally got me"  (the loan is my name only, but thats a whole nother thread)

"WHO DID?"

"The "processor" and the undertaker, I mean underwriter"

"Conditions??"

"Oh ye of little faith, they are simple.  Gotta sign 2 papers, confirm I have 2 kinda new credit cards.  But the main thing was they said I use to live in Las Vegas"

"You bought a house in VEGAS?!!!??!!??"

" LMAO Nooooooooooo, but somebody with a name like mine did, they just wanna make sure that ain't me"

"how ya gonna do that?"

"they sent me this paper to sign and I circle yes or no.  I sign it and circle no and send it back"

I'm going to get my best friend since Jr High to sign this letter I'm writing stating I've been living here for 38 years.  Only lived in 2 houses last 49 years.  I left my boyhood home for this home when we married, I guess the undertaker doesn't believe that.

Time is getting short here on Primrose Dr.  They delivered the POD yesterday.  We have to be out by June1 and my closing is June 19.  It looks like extended stay for a few weeks.  I have to find a place for my motorcycles.

We ate at home tonight, I looked over the table to her, the table that has been here since day 1 and said.  "I have no place for my motorcycles"

"just go rent a storage thing"

"but then we're seperated, and I won't be able to go out and look at them when I want"

Tomororw we start loading the POD, our last night here is scheduled for next wed. Smiley Sad

We have to be in Mobile next Friday for my son who is in a big function, so we have to finish here early.  He is coming in Saturday to help us move.  He hasn't tawked much about the move, and in fact only seen the new build once.  I know how I feel about the home I grew up in Virginia.  I was 11 when we moved to Alabama.  I didn't want to leave.  It was a big adjustment, but our lives changed for the better when we arrived.  But I never forgot that house.  In fact, whenever a motorcycle trip come within 200 miles of Norfolk, I go by my old house and neighborhood, and eat a Hot Dog at the place my dad use to take us.

I know how my son feels about this place.  He is 35, and left it long ago, but it will always be home to him.  I guess it fitting he is returning for the final departure.

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
frugalQ
Valued Contributor

Re: BamaGuy gets his "conditions" Frugal in good mood

In the words of pfarro1.....write the damn book Bamaguy!! :-D

Yes, I am very happy that your conditions are easy peasy!! June 19th will be here in no time!!

Oh...are you sure the Vegas house is not yours??? (Just kidding)
AmEx Green NPSL | Amex BCP 16K | Citi Simplicity 10k | Discover IT 9K | Chase Slate 7.5K | Amex Hilton HHonors Surpass 7K | Capital One QuickSilver 6K | Home Depot 5k | Chase Freedom 4.5K | LOC 2.5K
Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Rough day bama. Back out of a game of call of duty, get seperated from the bikes for a couple weeks. Next thing they gonna want you to shower and put on shoes. Maybe even long pants.

Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats, BamaGuy. Those conditions are easy-peasy. I got the one about inquires, too, even though all of them were for mortgage shopping, I still had to explain them. I just wrote "mortgage shopping" on all of them and signed off on it. The URLA is the Uniform Residential Loan Application, so everyone signs that.

Looks like you're on easy street, except being apart from your beloved two-wheeled family members for a couple of weeks. Awesome news!

Marlena

Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

"The URLA is the Uniform Residential Loan Application, so everyone signs that."

What's it mean?

Message 5 of 10
ezdriver
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

What's it mean?

Your threads should be a sticky ... if not a book ... so no new buyers will not post "Want to buy a home. What's the process?".

You gonna keep denying to your wife that you own a house in Vagas? Ya know ... confession is supposedly good for the soul ... not so much for marriage though.

Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

The Driver pointed out-

"You gonna keep denying to your wife that you own a house in Vagas? Ya know ... confession is supposedly good for the soul ... not so much for marriage though."

You know I'm curious about that.  My name is not common, can't be more than a handful all of North America.  Facebook only has 1 other.

DW asked me this morning, she was giving me a hard time.

"so why'd you wanna buy a house in Vegas??"

"I'm tellin ya that ain't me"

"The undertaker, as you call him, says you do"

"no he doesn't, he just saw someone with my name or close to it does"

"lemme call him see what I can find out"

I'm livin on a pension and a part time check, how ya reckon I can afford a house in vegas??? And do all the stuff I do around here, like support your shoe habit"

"point taken"  And walked out smiling.

So I googled the address the undertaker has on the paperwork.  Went to satellite view, and it looks like some kind of townhouse LOL.

Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

What's it mean?

It's a Fannie Mae Form 1003 or a Freddie Mac Form 65. It's the actual loan application itself. It's a standardized residential loan application required by Fannie and Freddie; virtually all lenders use it to process home loan applications. So basically, everyone (pretty much) who applies for a home loan in the U.S. fills out the exact same loan application.

You have to complete the 1003 or 65 twice. Once when you first apply for the loan and a second one just before you close. The second one basically officially verifies all the loan info you provided on the first one and is required to close.

Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

A few years ago you could have bought the place in vegas for 12 bucks down and 3.50 a month bama. A few of my buddies bought a pretty nice 2 bd 2 bath condo for less than 40grand, furnished. 

Message 9 of 10
Lemmus
Established Contributor

...something is fishy here, eh ...I'm pretty well convinced that no other living soul on earth would admit to being named "BamaGuy" ...and the Henderson County, NV property records sure don't show one either ...think your wife may be on to something ...I mean, "Mrs BamaGuy"? ...c'mon Smiley Tongue

Helpful Links: Do I Qualify? | Mortgage Calculator | USDA Mortgages | Opt Out | FICO Versions
Last HP: 11/04/15 | myFico 3B Jun 10 '15:FICO8 EQ - 752 | TU - 763 | EX - 750
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.