Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BamaGuy has gone to UW

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

BamaGuy has gone to UW

Got a email today from the "loan processor" (I thought my LO was the "Processor?" but I reckon not).  Email said,  "I have reviewed your loan and submitted it to our underwriting department for conditional approval!  Their current turnaround time is around 3 business days.  Once I have heard back from them I will be contacting you with their credit decision and any requests that they may have."\

Lucky Me!!!

My closing date is June 19.  Once I jump this hoop do I gotta jump it again a week before closing?  I understand there are apprasials and stuff to do (home still under construction) but that has nuttin to do with me does it?

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: BamaGuy has gone to UW

Big congrats!  Smiley Very Happy

Message 2 of 14
InvincibleSummer3
Established Contributor

Nice!! Smiley Happy
Message 3 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations!!
Message 4 of 14
ezdriver
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Got a email today from the "loan processor" (I thought my LO was the "Processor?" but I reckon not).  Email said,  "I have reviewed your loan and submitted it to our underwriting department for conditional approval!  Their current turnaround time is around 3 business days.  Once I have heard back from them I will be contacting you with their credit decision and any requests that they may have."\

Lucky Me!!!

My closing date is June 19.  Once I jump this hoop do I gotta jump it again a week before closing?  I understand there are apprasials and stuff to do (home still under construction) but that has nuttin to do with me does it?

Once the underwriter issues a conditional approval, it will list any action items for you and for others. The loan process is managed to be in sync with the construction schedule so they both end about the same time. 

Message 5 of 14
frugalQ
Valued Contributor

congrats!!!!  should be a walk in the park for you!!!

AmEx Green NPSL | Amex BCP 16K | Citi Simplicity 10k | Discover IT 9K | Chase Slate 7.5K | Amex Hilton HHonors Surpass 7K | Capital One QuickSilver 6K | Home Depot 5k | Chase Freedom 4.5K | LOC 2.5K
Message 6 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats..

Message 7 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Alright, Bama!!! Congrats!

And by the way, think of the processor as the last person to touch your file and make sure it is as clean as possible before sending off to UW (almost like an in-house underwriter).

Message 8 of 14
chalupaman
Super Contributor

Congrats.

Tradelines: Macy’s - $18k, Penfed Power Cash Rewards - $10k, Ethan Allen (TD Bank) - $5.7k, Kay Jewelers - $5.5k, Appliances Connection - $5.3k, Jared - $5.25k, Best Buy (Citi) - $5k, Dell Preferred Account - $3.5k, Samsung - $3.2k, Firestone CFNA - $3.2k, Capital One Platinum - $3k, Mercury MC - $2.25k, Williams Sonoma - $2.1k, Wayfair (Fortiva) - $2k, Amazon Store Card - $1.8k, Apple Card - $1.7k, NFCU cashRewards - $1.5k, CareCredit - $1.5k, B&H Photo - $1.5k, Adorama - $1.25k, Ebay MC - $1k, Sam’s Club MC - $1k, American Eagle - $1k, Ollo MC - $600, Mission Lane Visa - $500, NY & Company - $500, Walgreens - $500, Home Depot - $500, Target RED Card - $500, CapOne Secured MC 0 AF - $500, Penfed Overdraft LOC - $500

Current FICOS: Mid 640s-50s on all reports, Ch 7 BK D/C Aug 2019
Starting scores: EX - 534, EQ - 574, TU - 516 | Total TLs: $91k approx | Total Utilization: 17%, getting this back down
Message 9 of 14
frugalQ
Valued Contributor

Right dpeezy....

And think of the underwriter as some mythical creature who can make dreams come true or destroy said dreams with the wave of a magical wand.

We always hear about the almighty underwriter, but we never really know if they exist or not.
AmEx Green NPSL | Amex BCP 16K | Citi Simplicity 10k | Discover IT 9K | Chase Slate 7.5K | Amex Hilton HHonors Surpass 7K | Capital One QuickSilver 6K | Home Depot 5k | Chase Freedom 4.5K | LOC 2.5K
Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.