cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BamaGuy receives "credit approval" from UW. What does THAT mean?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

BamaGuy receives "credit approval" from UW. What does THAT mean?

After a week of having my credit scores hammered by a paid off installment loan, I got some good news today.

Email says I'm credit approved!!  What does that mean?  I thought I already was by the fact they started building my house months ago.  LOL

So whats a "credit approval" as opposed to standard approval?

Congratulations! Your application for a mortgage loan has been credit approved!

You will be receiving an approval letter from the Mortgage Loan Processor that details any additional documents necessary for final approval. Please be aware that some documents you submit may create requests for further clarification or documentation.

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
ezdriver
Senior Contributor

Re: BamaGuy receives "credit approval" from UW. What does THAT mean?

I'll tell what it means from my perspective a new-construction sales counselor. We pre-approve buyers and that allows them to sign a purchase agreement with us. The mortgage financing process continues simultaneously with the engineering and permitting stuff. Sometimes we start the construction before the buyer's mortgage file has been fully underwritten and approved with some standard conditions. We call that step "gold cert". Means that the mortgage file has no more credit-related conditions on it. Now we wait for construction to be completed, CO to be issued, homeowner's insure to be bound, title insurance to be bought, etc. You are in great shappy buddy.

Message 2 of 14
frugalQ
Valued Contributor

That's your conditional approval. The processor will give you your list of conditions.

Congratulations!!!!!
AmEx Green NPSL | Amex BCP 16K | Citi Simplicity 10k | Discover IT 9K | Chase Slate 7.5K | Amex Hilton HHonors Surpass 7K | Capital One QuickSilver 6K | Home Depot 5k | Chase Freedom 4.5K | LOC 2.5K
Message 3 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

It's good news - and you deserve it!

Message 4 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for that insight driver, and the encouraging words from the rest of y'all.

Message 5 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

It has been 3 days since I was credit approved, and nothing else from the "processor," so maybe they're not gonna make me do anything else.   Because of y'all, I always seem to be one step ahead of them, like when I made that big depoist into my savings after the sale of my house.  Head UW sees a big jump in savings says- "Aw we got him on this, his gonna have to at least send us a gift letter or something."  "Hold the phone sir, he sent all this in on it." I documented that 3 different ways, including notoarized copies of all receipts and check copies.  I sent them the HUD-1 paperwork on the sale also.

I wrote a letter on a 75 dollar medical collection from 2010 even though I wasn't asked to.  It basically said it was a oversight, plain and simple, and my LO advised to leave it for now, because didn't want to wake it up.

To assist employment verification I sent a copy of my govt PIV card.  The gold standard for federal agency membership.  Picture and micro chipped.  I was never asked for anymore employment stuff again, just updated pay stubs for disclosure meeting.

A long term personal loan installment paid out in April.  Knowing it would hurt my score I still had no choice but pay the last payment.  A few days letter the paid in full stamp came in with the original agreement from 2009.  I knew the paid up loan would at least help my DTI, I sent copies of the PIF paperwork to my LO.

I went down to the State Retirement Systems and asked for paperwork explaining my pension.  I was securing a mortgage.  "Didn't you give them your 1099?"  "I did, but I want a letter explaining that pension is a defined benefit, good for my lifetime, and have one of your notoary stamp it for me."  Seperate from the state itself they get things done.  I had the letter in 2 days, and sent it to my LO months ago.

My agent advised I should be good, they'll run one last check of things just before closing (June 22nd projection) but it won't be the witch hunt like the others, just a quick review to see if I went out and bought a new motorcycle.  I was sitting in the model home office with him a few weeks ago and said. "You know, trying to match wits with the money people on this takes a hour out of my day each morning, it seems like I am always on my desk top checking rates, ratios, credit scores, and other stuff related to buying a house.  I ain't ever seen anything like this."

If I can get out of this without a condition, I'm gonna come on fico and thump my chest -"alright sport fans how bout them apples, clear to close NO conditions"

Message 6 of 14
frugalQ
Valued Contributor

So...Smiley Tongue

AmEx Green NPSL | Amex BCP 16K | Citi Simplicity 10k | Discover IT 9K | Chase Slate 7.5K | Amex Hilton HHonors Surpass 7K | Capital One QuickSilver 6K | Home Depot 5k | Chase Freedom 4.5K | LOC 2.5K
Message 7 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats...

Message 8 of 14
StartingOver10
Moderator Emerita

Congratulations BamaGuy! One step closer to closing! Smiley Happy

Message 9 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Frugal was unimpressed I might get clear to close NO conditions and went-

"So...:smileytongue:"

She's just mad cos all she got at closing was cheap pens, and they're gonna have nachos and stuff at mine, cos MY LO said I was cute.

Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.