Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Banging my head!!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Banging my head!!!

So the drama continues...2nd house...2nd approval by underwriter...2nd low appraisal bank won't meet!!!

I'm hoping third time is the charm (NO SHORT SALES!) but already at the overly frustrated level.  We have found another house that we are interested in but we need a BOA pre-qual letter from a specific agent and she does not answer her phone.  I finally did a horrible thing and sent her all my information in an email - - FRUSTRATED!  This is the same agent a coworker of mine dealth with and he had the same problem with her all the way till close.

Do you really need a specific agent if the listed just says BOA pre-qual letter with all offers?  My realtor says yes but I am courious.  I would rather deal with someone who I can get ahold of.

We had given ourselfs what we thought was plenty of time to move but now we are running into a bit of pressure to move from where we are.

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Tooliebell
Frequent Contributor

Re: Banging my head!!!

I know how it feels to bang your head!  Sorry you have had such bad luck with the appraisals, mutliple appraisals cost a lot of money!!! Boy do I know that too.  We are on our second (kinda third) appraisal with the same house, but different lenders. $810 later hopefully we will have a closing date soon!

As far as a specific agent with BOA, I am not sure.  I would call the branch office or corporate to find out the supervisor and tell them how hard it is to get in touch with that agent. 

Good luck, I hope this is the one for you!

Message 2 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just heard...while we have been trying to get in touch with BOA for the past couple of days, the seller accepted a bid this morning...

SIGH!

Message 3 of 11
CS800
Super Contributor

the appraisal game is silly. I needed two appraisals for my house. The first one came in too low so I popped another $275 for another one that worked. But man when buying a house, the money was tight already, but having to fork another $275 was painful. I totally understand your frustration.

Message 4 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wow!  Your appraisals were $275?  I shelled out $465 per for mine! I need to move where you are Smiley Happy LOL

Message 5 of 11
ji9
Regular Contributor

This post makes me wonder why the seller is not lowering the price of these homes to what the appraisal comes in at?   It they are not appraising high enough it seems like they are asking to much money??   I can't imagine wanting to even dream of over paying in this current housing market.  Too bad the first house you wanted didn't just drop the price to meet the appraisal.   Good luck with your search.  Smiley Happy

Starting Score: 608 (TU) 612 (EQ)
Current Score: 679 (TU) 679 (EQ)
Goal: 760 on all
Message 6 of 11
CS800
Super Contributor

@ji9 wrote:

This post makes me wonder why the seller is not lowering the price of these homes to what the appraisal comes in at?   It they are not appraising high enough it seems like they are asking to much money??   I can't imagine wanting to even dream of over paying in this current housing market.  Too bad the first house you wanted didn't just drop the price to meet the appraisal.   Good luck with your search.  Smiley Happy

Very good point. MY agent even said that to the sellers agent. But they did not budge.

But in this market, sellers are doing crazy things to sell a house. I have heard of selling price at $500k and seller took an offer for $430k

Message 7 of 11
JusdoNit
Established Contributor

ajj272 which state are you located in?

Starting Score: 722
Current Score: Now 687 what the hockey sticks...from a 784 (Aug 12 EX 751 EQ Fico)
Goal Score: 800

If your outGo is more than your INcome than your UpKeep will become your downFALL.

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 8 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm in the Atlanta area.  Home prices are great out here but finding a home that is not short sale is difficult. 

Message 9 of 11
JusdoNit
Established Contributor

Thanks.  Did you go through the WISH program for down payment?

Starting Score: 722
Current Score: Now 687 what the hockey sticks...from a 784 (Aug 12 EX 751 EQ Fico)
Goal Score: 800

If your outGo is more than your INcome than your UpKeep will become your downFALL.

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.