Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bank Accounts

tag
bigboihill
Valued Member

Bank Accounts

Hello everyone, I have two quick questions:

1.  At what point during the application process do you have to provide bank statements?  Is it a requirement of pre-approval or is it just required before the final underwriting?  In other words, am I expected to provide bank statements the same day that I apply?

2.  Do you have to disclose every bank account that you have or just the account that will fund your downpayment, closing cost, etc.....?

Thanks!

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
indecison
Regular Contributor

Re: Bank Accounts

1. It depends on the lender and the requirements of the pre-approval. Some want to see that information up front and others do not require it until approval process which is just before it goes to underwritting. For me I did not provide anything at pre-qual other than they pulled credit and I disclosed my income. I did not provide bak statements until about a week before the file went to underwritting.

2. This also depends on the lender. I would at the very least disclose this to your LO and let them decide what will need to be included for underwritting. I have a checking and savings account that are really ever used. I let my LO know this and she told me not to worry about providing any information on those accounts. The only thing I do with the checking account is transfer money to it 1 time a month to pay my insurance and th savings account has like $6 in it...

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.