Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bank underwriters better or worst??

tag
cocomadd
Regular Contributor

Bank underwriters better or worst??

I am going to start my mortgage loan shopping, thanks to you all & God...credit looks good! 

My question:  Do you think the banks are harder to get loans from mortgage lenders?  First citizens here in NC has an amazing program, but afraid they may nic pick my application....what do they generally look for?

Thoughts?

Exp/647-Fako
EQ/629-Fico
Trans/656-Fako
NEW SCORES
EX/665
EQ/642
Trans/656 Fako

This is new to me but I will take the 750+ challenge! Goal by May 2014
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
ShanetheMortgageMan
Super Contributor

Re: Bank underwriters better or worst??

It all depends on the outlook on risk.  You can have 3 different banks all have different risk outlooks - meaning one could be very forgiving, another could be very conservative, and the third right in the middle.  Same with mortgage lenders.  There is no "one rule fits all" when it comes to that.  You can research others experiences with the bank in question, speak with their loan officers about their qualification requirements and ask them to review your situation to determine if they think it would likely be approved, and then ultimately apply for a pre-approval and see what the underwriter has to say.

Free Mortgage Advice & Pre-Approvals (FHA, VA, USDA, Fannie, Freddie, Non-Prime, Construction, Renovation/Rehab, Commercial) since 2002
Located in Southern California and lending in all 50 states
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.