cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best Mortgage Lenders

jpro
Established Member

Best Mortgage Lenders

Who are the best lenders out there? Who have you all had the best service with? Which is the best for first time home buyers?
Current Cards

Future Cards

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
JGGM
Frequent Contributor

Re: Best Mortgage Lenders

I don't know if there is really a "best". Sure some lenders have additional overlays, but I would recommend that you ask friends who they've had good luck with. I'm in the process of buying my first home, and honestly I've found the mortgage process to be really easy - now the building a new home part has been a cluster, but the mortgage part has been simple. I applied with NFCU in person and with the builder's preferred lender as well. I was able to meet with both people face to face, and I think that really helped. I'm not sure I would like a fully-online environment for something as complex and long-term as financing a house.

For what it's worth, in my case, the builder's preferred lender terms were nearly identical with NFCU. I ended up going with the preferred lender because she followed up with me a few times before I made a decision, versus the NFCU rep did not follow up with me once.

Current Score 6-11-20: TU: 821 EX: 837 EQ: 813
Goal Score:ACHIEVED - 800 Across the Board
In My Wallet: Cap1 QS - PenFed Power Cash Rewards - PenFed Promise - AmEx Delta Gold - AmEx Platinum - DISCO - NFCU Cash Rewards - AmEx Simply Cash Business - Chase Sapphire Preferred

Message 2 of 4
Sleekride
New Contributor

Where are you located and where are you trying to purchase?

Message 3 of 4
Cocoal20
Established Member

Try looking on Zillow for local lenders, but other wise look up your local fha website for their recommendations for lenders.
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.