cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best Way to Remove "Account In Dispute" for Mortgage Loan

tag
AmberW2011

Re: Best Way to Remove "Account In Dispute" for Mortgage Loan

Found it...Heres the link to where the updated handling of disputed accounts was rescinded....

portal.hud.gov/huddoc/12-10ml.pdf
Message 81 of 193
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks so much for the timely info and the great heads-up!!!

Best wishes!!! Smiley Wink

Message 82 of 193

Shane,

I was able to get the accounts were disputed in the past comments removed by Transunion and Experian so far but it tanked my Transunion FICO by 125 points and brought the score down to a 553. We were applying for a mortgage while this happened and that was what they wanted removed to proceed. The FAKO Experian score said it also dropped 128 points. What I noticed is that Transunion on MyFICO report was showing no missed payments and now it's showing that LVNV reported a late payment and still shows as a Installment account instead of Collection. I noticed on my Equifax that when some of these accounts were disputed in the past it brought the score up maybe 40 points but it shouldn't take away triple what it gives. Also the disputes were verified and completed before these comments were removed. Is there anyway to fix something immediately when LVNV scored a recent late payment and ruined the score or do we have to wait till next year to try and fix this and bring the scores up after working on it so for long?

Message 83 of 193
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was able to successfully remove my dispute line with Trans Union. I got a voicemail of someone at Equifax (who I will call back, I didn't want to leave my social in a voicemail), but when I spoke to the person at Experian she was "unfamiliar" with the Executive Customer Service Team and told me I needed my case # in order to proceed with speaking to a person. I don't have a case number since my report was pulled by my mortgage company through a 3rd party company. Anyone have luck removing a disput line with Experian with possibly a more recent #?

Message 84 of 193
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello, can you please tell me the phone numbers you called for each bureau? 

Message 85 of 193
Anonymous
Not applicable

I know that this forum hasn't been talked on in awhile but hoping to get some kind of answer. We have currently be pre-approved for a mortgage but my husband has a couple of items on his credit that state the account is in dispute. This shows on the mortgage lenders side. On the credit report that we got it states This item was updated from our processing of your dispute in Jan 2012. This has been over a year ago and is no longer in dispute. From what I have read about a dispute by law it is suppose to drop off the credit report once the investigation is complete. We have contacted the credit bureaus and Experian removed it from that report. But Transunion said that we had to contact the creditor and Equifax stated that they would put a dispute in but the creditor had 30 days to reply. 

I am not understanding that they have to open a dispute that we are no longer disputing this account and want it marked that it is resolved. We have spoken with the creditor and they said that they would not take it off unless we made a payment or payment arrangements. We understand that we have this debt but we were advised not to pay the account but to just explain that we are not disputing the account. 

Anyone have any suggestions on how to get the creditor or the bureau to remove the items in dispute? Thank You in advance!

Message 86 of 193
JM-AM
Valued Contributor

Just follow the procedure in the sticky thread for disputes.

Depending on type of loan, dispute comments do not always have to be removed.
Good Luck
May all your dreams and wishes become a reality!
Message 87 of 193
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank You for the reply. Our lender actually was the one that stated that these marks needed to be removed from the credit report but will be making phone calls to get this (well hopefully) get this taken care of. 

Thanks again.

Message 88 of 193
charlie1900
New Visitor

Hi, Does anyone have an updated way to reach Experian?  I have called the number listed here and asked for both "Executive Customer Service Team" and "Special Services" and was told on 3 occasions that those depts do not exist and to call the 800 # on the credit report.  Any and all feedback is much appreciated!

Message 89 of 193
FLAJenn
Regular Contributor

I was in the same boat with Experian, but  I had an old case number from the last offical report I pulled form them and used that. The rep on the phone removed the comments from mine and my fiance's reports and sent us email confirmation. They were removed with in 24hrs for me at least. The weird thing though is when our LO pulled our reports again to check it still showed for Experian, but when I went and bougth a report for $10 on the experian site it wasn't tehre so I sent that copy to my lo and she said that was fine since it was from the experian site.

Message 90 of 193
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.