Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best Way to Remove "Account In Dispute" for Mortgage Loan

tag
TimeToRecover
Established Contributor

Re: Best Way to Remove "Account In Dispute" for Mortgage Loan

Accounts in Disbute are not used in calculating credit score.  They want them removed so they can see a true picture of Credit History.

Starting Score: 570 ish
Current Score:EX (701) EQ (711) TU (705)
Goal Score: 750
In My Wallet: GE Care Credit (8K) BestBuy (6K) BofA Cash Rewards Signature Visa (7K) Cap One Quicksilver (10.5K) Chase Freedom (4K) Lowes (6K) VS Angel Card (2.4K), Macys (4K)
Message 121 of 193
Anonymous
Not applicable

If an account in dispute ends up as the lowest score and will not be used in the loan app (since the middle score will be used), do I still need to have that dispute comment removed?  The reason I personally disputed is because a CA is still being reported by EQ although both TU and XP already deleted the same CA from my credit report because they were able to verify the collections firm no longer handles this CA.  However, EQ did not delete it... Smiley Sad

Message 122 of 193
ShanetheMortgageMan
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

If an account in dispute ends up as the lowest score and will not be used in the loan app (since the middle score will be used), do I still need to have that dispute comment removed?  The reason I personally disputed is because a CA is still being reported by EQ although both TU and XP already deleted the same CA from my credit report because they were able to verify the collections firm no longer handles this CA.  However, EQ did not delete it... Smiley Sad

Depends on what type of loan program you are qualifying for... but for conventional, yes it does.

Free Mortgage Advice & Pre-Approvals (FHA, VA, USDA, Fannie, Freddie, Non-Prime, Construction, Renovation/Rehab, Commercial) since 2002
Located in Southern California and lending in all 50 states
Message 123 of 193
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes it's conventional... and this is seriously jeopardzing my closing especially since the UW will put a condition on this issue (waiting for UW to finish any day now).  I contacted EQ and they're useless... they said their protocol is to electronically await response from the CA.  However when I call the CA, I get an automated query to enter either the account # or my SS # and after I do that the automated response is "our office no longer handles this account."  I searched their website and I cannot reach a live person at all to try to resolve even if I have to pay!... all their listed phone numbers always end up with the automated query to input an account # or SS # and it's always the same response that they no longer handle this file.   I can't believe EQ's stupidity; they won't even call the CA to verify!  I already disputed again but my closing on 7/25 will be before the 30-day investigation allotment.  I also filed a complaint with CFPB on this matter.  I don't know what else to do since EQ isn't much help even when I speak with them on the phone and explain all the details.  Help please?!? Smiley Sad

Message 124 of 193
ShanetheMortgageMan
Super Contributor

Stop disputing the trade line.  If there are multiple disputes, then it must be ended by the creditor so I am told, so you'll just have to keep pounding on the collection agency.

Free Mortgage Advice & Pre-Approvals (FHA, VA, USDA, Fannie, Freddie, Non-Prime, Construction, Renovation/Rehab, Commercial) since 2002
Located in Southern California and lending in all 50 states
Message 125 of 193
Anonymous
Not applicable

Oh yes, that's the plan for now... to contact EQ by early next week to voluntarily remove the dispute if the issue isn't resolved yet in my favor.  The problem with trying to keep pounding on this agency is that there is no means to verbally communicate with them since all 3 of their listed numbers utilizes those frustrating electronic input/entries and automated responses such as "we are no longer handling this account".  There is no option to dial 0 or whatever to speak with a live person... so how can someone settle or resolve with them when there is no means to do so such as in my case, as I also stated in previous posts.  That's what's so exasperating.  And to top it off, EQ's investigation is extremely subpar/inadequate.  I'm literally relying on luck now... ugh. Smiley Sad

Message 126 of 193
songsofexperience
Frequent Contributor

I did this in May and received confirmation from all three that the disputes were gone and I had reports showing they were gone and then in June they all came back again!! Same disputes. Only thing that didn't come back was a consumer statement I'd added in 2006. It's ridiculous. If they remove them completely how could they come back unless the CA is reporting it as disputed? Is that possible? They're all now paid so no reason for dispute.

Starting Score: 2/2013 EQ 535
Current Score My Fico: 5/23 EQ 808| EX 812 | TU 800
Message 127 of 193
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well low & behold.... EQ deleted it after all.  Well, after I filed a complaint via CFPB.  They promptly helped me and Equifax responded 3 days later that they deleted based on Statute of Limitations.  Thank goodness.

Message 128 of 193
nlron1978
New Visitor

I just wanted to let people know that I just went through the process of getting comments deleted.

I emailed Dorothy at Equifax and she took care of it and emailed me back saying its done.

I called the # listed on for experian, and asked for the Executive Customer Service department,  but was told they don't have one. However , the lady immediately asked if I was calling to get disputes removed and transferred me.  The next lady  asked me if the tradelines were accurate and deleted the comments.  She said it would take up to 72 hours,  but I got an email within hours saying everything was updated.

I also called the # listed for transunion.  Waited for a live person and asked for the Special Handling department and got transferred.  The lady in special handling removed the dispute notations without any issue  and said it would be immediate, but that they would also send a letter in the mail.

The phone calls took less than 30 minutes combined. 

Message 129 of 193
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks, tried Equifax and Experian first. I got someone on the phone right away and they are taking off the remarks overnight!
Message 130 of 193
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.