cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best Way to Remove "Account In Dispute" for Mortgage Loan

tag

Re: Best Way to Remove "Account In Dispute" for Mortgage Loan

I *just* removed a dispute through Transunion (as in this week).  I called one of the CS numbers that I found here on myFICO.  the lady I spoke to was SUPER helpful!  She told me to send TU a fax with my report number (she was able to give me that while on the phone), last 4 of my ss# and a statement that I agreed with what was being reported, and no lnger disputed it.  It took about 48 hours and the dispute was removed.

The fax # was: 714-525-0668

Message 11 of 193
ShanetheMortgageMan
Super Contributor

That fax # is TU's official fraud fax number, good info mom to Kaden & Ella.

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/General-Credit-Topics/CRA-FAX-Numbers/td-p/197049

http://www.transunion.com/corporate/personal/fraudIdentityTheft/fraudPrevention/securityFreeze.page

Free Mortgage Advice & Pre-Approvals (FHA, VA, USDA, Fannie, Freddie, Non-Prime, Construction, Renovation/Rehab, Commercial) since 2002
Located in Southern California and lending in all 50 states
Message 12 of 193
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you so much! This is my first visit to this message board and it definitely won't be my last. You all are very, very helpful and knowledgeable! 

Message 13 of 193
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just an update...

Called EX a few moments ago and talked to a very nice CSR named Sally and she immediately removed the notations from my accounts and is sending me a confirmation by email shortly. Smiley Very Happy

Called EQ and they informed me that because of my location I would need to deal with CSC Credit Services. He gave me a phone number for them (800-392-7816) but it is a recording that gives me their online and mailing info and then it hangs up.  Smiley Mad  If any of you have any good contact info for CSC I would appreciate it. 

TU... I faxed them on Friday and nothing yet today but hopefully we'll see the notations removed within the next day or two. If not, I guess I will give them a call. 

Message 14 of 193
ShanetheMortgageMan
Super Contributor

Think this is better info for CSC.

https://www.csccredit.com/www/csccs.nsf

I have also heard 281-878-4848, 281-878-1900, 800-305-7868 have all worked at one point.

Also found this post that has a ton of CSC contact info:

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/General-Credit-Topics/Equifax-vs-CSC-Credit-Services/m-p/8927#M5589 

Free Mortgage Advice & Pre-Approvals (FHA, VA, USDA, Fannie, Freddie, Non-Prime, Construction, Renovation/Rehab, Commercial) since 2002
Located in Southern California and lending in all 50 states
Message 15 of 193
Anonymous
Not applicable

Not having much luck with CSC for my EQ report. They say they have to get approval from the CA's to remove it since they're the ones who added it. I told her EX did it yesterday with no problems but she didn't budge. Ugh. But she submitted my dispute for me. 

Still nothing from TU.

EX was gone this morning. 

Message 16 of 193
Anonymous
Not applicable

I went ahead and called TU to see what they would do. While asking her about these accounts, she said they are already being disputed and I should receive a response by April 17th. So apparently faxing the paper to TU did the same thing that EQ is doing... a regular dispute and we have to wait and see what the CA's do about it. Smiley Sad

Message 17 of 193
sewmuchdebt
Regular Contributor

i had some accounts with notations that i was disputing account information. i called all 3 bureaus this morning. experian immediately removed them because the comments were in the consumer statement sections. both transunion and equifax opened up disputes to remove them. said the investigations should take about 30 days. equifax did however state that it may be sooner because it wasn't really a dispute.and to think i didn't even know those comments were an issue when applying for a mortgage; they have been sitting on my reports since 2009!

Starting Score: EQ 505 jul09
Current Score: EQ 702 TU 693 EX 692 apr12
Goal Score: 700+

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 18 of 193
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good luck!

I got my letter from TU yesterday saying "New Information Below" for the 4 accounts on my TU report I need that removed from and I don't see anything updated besides an current Date Verified. 

ACCOUNT IN DISPUTE is still there!!! Ugh!!!

Message 19 of 193
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am in the same spot, have an account we disputed 6 months ago stating "dispute settled, consumer disagrees"..

We have just applied for a mortgage, now realizing this will be a problem.. I called EX and they removed it like others have said, still on TU and EQ.. I have faxed in a request to the CCC to have this removed (last weekend), should I also dispute it now and get the ball rolling with the other 2? Or just of let it sit and see what the LO says ?

Message 20 of 193
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.