Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best Way to Remove "Account In Dispute" for Mortgage Loan

tag
Veloter
Established Member

Re: Best Way to Remove "Account In Dispute" for Mortgage Loan

This is great information....I will need it soon!  Thanks!

Message 101 of 193
austin_credit_mom
Established Member

FYI, I just called all 3 numbers listed on the first page of this thread. It took me about an hour, but I was able to get all 3 credit agencies to remove 3 account in dispute comments. Trans union and Experian did it immediately. They said I should see the results in 48 hours. Equifax said it would take up to 30 days. Thanks!

Message 102 of 193
ShanetheMortgageMan
Super Contributor

@austin_credit_mom wrote:

FYI, I just called all 3 numbers listed on the first page of this thread. It took me about an hour, but I was able to get all 3 credit agencies to remove 3 account in dispute comments. Trans union and Experian did it immediately. They said I should see the results in 48 hours. Equifax said it would take up to 30 days. Thanks!

Glad to see the information is still working.  I've gotten a similar response from Equifax lately, not sure why it takes them so long when the other bureaus can do it so quickly.  It may be because it was a creditor initiated dispute, rather than a consumer initiated dispute.  Either way, I'd push for Equifax to get them removed more quickly, even speak with a supervisor if you have to.

Free Mortgage Advice & Pre-Approvals (FHA, VA, USDA, Fannie, Freddie, Non-Prime, Construction, Renovation/Rehab, Commercial) since 2002
Located in Southern California and lending in all 50 states
Message 103 of 193
Teardrop
New Contributor

I was able to call today and get all my disputes removed from my CRs using the information provided here.  I called the same numbers posted on page one.  At Equifax I did have to leave a message but Ms. Crestwell call me back the same day and helped to process my requests.  TU opened an investigation to remove the comments and EX said it would take 24-72 hours.  Please note that 3 of the 4 accounts were closed and had been paid off; the other one was a foreclosure from 2008.

What I found strange in dealing with these disputes were that; 1. On the CRs I pulled myself I was not able to see every account that had a AID comment. I found 2 additional ones when I viewed the Merge Report provided to me from my lender.  2. When I called  the CRAs not everyone of them was showing/reporting that each of the 4 accounts I found had 'AID'.  

Seedling Garden Club Member - Last App: 03/31/2014 - No apps while waiting to apply for home loan!
Starting Score: EX 640 EQ 593 TU>592 Lender Pulled 3/30/2014
Goal Score: All Scores 730+

Message 104 of 193
hyperx

I just followed ShanTheMortgageMan 's info from post 4 of this thread and got all three Bureau's to remove the "account in dispute" words from the comments of all my affected tradelines. I have a Mortgage underwriter that needs the "dispute" wording removed.

TU did it immediately

EX put in a request and I will get a conformation email within 72 hours

XP put in a request and I will get a conformation email within 24 hours

PM me for the name of the people I spoke to. Please repond to this thread when you PM becuase I am not sure if the system will notify me when I receive a PM.

I feel that I lucked out BIG TIME, and I am very thankful.

Ask any questions you wish--it will be my pleasure to help anyone else in any way I can.

Thanks everyone for posting this invaluable information!  You guys ROCK! 

1/15/2014 TU 593 EQ 625 EX 630
3/25/2014 TU 624 EQ 625 EX 655
Message 105 of 193
Sebdiz

i had no clue a dispute would affect the home loan process... great info.. i will wait the 30 days and ask for dispute comment be removed.

Message 106 of 193
Laura1369
Regular Contributor

O accidental post

Message 107 of 193
Sol7

hi can someone please tell me how if when in the process of removing disputes experian asks that one agrees that the tradeline is correct before they remove the dispute?

Message 108 of 193
LisaR

I know this post was in 2011, but I must thank Shane!!!!!!!! He was exactly correct about removing disputes....... I just tried it minutes ago and it worked(:

Message 109 of 193
ShanetheMortgageMan
Super Contributor

Glad the information is still working.

Free Mortgage Advice & Pre-Approvals (FHA, VA, USDA, Fannie, Freddie, Non-Prime, Construction, Renovation/Rehab, Commercial) since 2002
Located in Southern California and lending in all 50 states
Message 110 of 193
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.