Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best lenders for FHA

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Best lenders for FHA

Found myself making a newbie mistake and going with one lender without shopping so help me out and give me the best lenders for an FHA mortgage to check out. Pretty please

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
NC_Mtg_Loaner
Valued Contributor

Re: Best lenders for FHA

FHA really isn't too difficult.

In my opinion, it always comes back to the level of expertise of the Loan Officer.   However, based upon your comment I would recommend reaching out to friends and family or maybe a decent Realtor would have someone whose knowledgable that you can trust to get the job done.

Licensed NC Mortgage Loan Originator
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@NC_Mtg_Loaner wrote:

FHA really isn't too difficult.

In my opinion, it always comes back to the level of expertise of the Loan Officer.   However, based upon your comment I would recommend reaching out to friends and family or maybe a decent Realtor would have someone whose knowledgable that you can trust to get the job done.

My realtor gave me her name and she is a local lender sort of.. She is from my area and i really like her... is shopping around really a rookie mistake? do i really have to. Jackie has worked really hard for us thus far.. IDK.. I don't want to screw this up its a lot of money

Message 3 of 6
NC_Mtg_Loaner
Valued Contributor

As long as you have faith and confidence in Jackie then just keep on keepin' on.   

It isn't rocket science, it's a loan that requires the borrower to invest 3.5% of their own money (can use a gift from proper source-family member) and the home must be in habitable condition as HUD doesn't want you purchasing a home that will immediately fall into disrepair.

Occassionally we'll see agents that don't know what to tell their seller when an FHA offer comes in on a home that's not in habitable condition, but if everyone works together, the deal can close. 

Licensed NC Mortgage Loan Originator
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@NC_Mtg_Loaner wrote:

As long as you have faith and confidence in Jackie then just keep on keepin' on.   

It isn't rocket science, it's a loan that requires the borrower to invest 3.5% of their own money (can use a gift from proper source-family member) and the home must be in habitable condition as HUD doesn't want you purchasing a home that will immediately fall into disrepair.

Occassionally we'll see agents that don't know what to tell their seller when an FHA offer comes in on a home that's not in habitable condition, but if everyone works together, the deal can close. 

I know but I am such an overthinker. Specially when it comes to really big decisions. I want to be informed so I start talking to people and googleing things and it makes it worse LOL! 

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Shopping around has more to do with ensuring that you get the best rate/loan pricing that you can get than ensuring that you have the best loan officer. Having a good loan officer is definitely valuable for having as smooth a loan process as possible. But sometimes, even with a great loan officer, you might not be getting the best rate/loan pricing. I learned this during my current process. I had a great loan officer but ultimately ended up finding another great loan officer who found me much better rates (because she worked for a broker and had access to more options).

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.