Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Beyond Frustrated...I Give Up!!

tag
WhiteCollar
Established Contributor

Beyond Frustrated...I Give Up!!

I've been approved for a $400k mortgage loan and I mean fully approved!! I'm completely out of UW. The only issue is that I cannot find a place to purchase. Crazy, yeah I know! I've had several deals fall through due to no fault of my own. And it seems like $400k is not enought to work with. I'm just about ready to throw the towel in and find another replace to rent for a year. 

I need some encouragement. 

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Shawn19AL
Frequent Contributor

Re: Beyond Frustrated...I Give Up!!

If you're serious about buying this year, hang in there.  

if it can wait, then take a break.  My thread is around here somewhere.  I put in around 10-13 offers before getting one to stick. Currently waiting for my final disclosures. 

Two houses accepted my offer and then accepted cash offers over my offer. I just kept at it. 

Message 2 of 8
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Never give up, never surrender!
Message 3 of 8
Girlzilla88
Valued Contributor

@WhiteCollar        There was about 5 or 6 houses we (me and my mans lol) really really went for and lost out on before we got our home we are in now and funny enough I LOVE LOVE my home!    I think it all happens for a reason and the reason you haven't found a home yet is because you haven't found THAT home just yet!     You will get it and in the end it will all make sense to you just hang in there and keep us posted when you get your Home!!  Smiley Very Happy     Congrats on making it through the hardest part though lol.     UW can be a tough cookie to a lot of people.

Message 4 of 8
WhiteCollar
Established Contributor

If I don't find a place by the end of November I will have to go through UW again and I do not want to do that again! 

Message 5 of 8
Girlzilla88
Valued Contributor

@WhiteCollar    You can always ask for an increase but I wouldn't unless it was an ABSOLUTE MUST since it may cause more issues and more inquiries etc, but Houses pop up all the time by November is PLENTY of time trust me I think our process was a good 3 months after we were approved for our initial amount for the whole shebang!    LOL     You got this!!!

Message 6 of 8
blindambition
Senior Contributor

Buying a home is stressful and frustrating, but the end result is extremely gratifying.

When it became too much, I'd take a few days to get centered and refocused. The right home and right time will show itself.

Message 7 of 8
sxa001
Valued Contributor

Hang in there, I am not sure what city you are in but here in Central Texas homes are flying off the market and most are selling above asking.  It is a sellers market in most cities across the nation with record high home prices.  If you feel comfortable about 400k don't let the market trick you into spending more than you are comfortable with, something will hopefully turn up for you eventually!  

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.