cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bought a house and FICO Dropped from 630 to 601???????

tag
Chena83
Established Member

Bought a house and FICO Dropped from 630 to 601???????

Ok, so I am concerned here. We just bought a house. We just closed on 05/31. However, when the lender pulled my credit, which I am just noticing by the way, my Fico dropped from 630 to 601. Does anyone know why this has happened? The loan hasn't ever reported to my CBR. So is it going to go lower? That dang on Midland credit wont get off there. They have a zero balance and still on there and I have 2 medical collections and another item that I didnt notice was on my collections until just now that was supposed to be charged off in my bankrputy 6 years ago??????? What is going on? I am seeing why FICO has to be under contant watch. What suggestions do you have to get my score back up?

BTW, My orginal FICO was 530 last year. Thanks to this site and board, I got it up to 630, so you can see my heartach here......

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
p-
Valued Contributor

Re: Bought a house and credit score dropped 630 to 601?????

Chena83 wrote:

Ok, so I am concerned here. We just bought a house. We just closed on 05/31. However, when the lender pulled my credit, which I am just noticing by the way, my Fico dropped from 630 to 601. Does anyone know why this has happened? The loan hasn't ever reported to my CBR. So is it going to go lower? That dang on Midland credit wont get off there. They have a zero balance and still on there and I have 2 medical collections and another item that I didnt notice was on my collections until just now that was supposed to be charged off in my bankrputy 6 years ago??????? What is going on? I am seeing why FICO has to be under contant watch. What suggestions do you have to get my score back up?

BTW, My orginal FICO was 530 last year. Thanks to this site and board, I got it up to 630, so you can see my heartach here......

First off, was there anything different on the old report and the new one?  Perhaps a different utilization rate on any revolving accounts?  Also, if the lower score is from the lender, they may be using a different scoring model than the service that pulled you report.

If there is a new collection on there you didn't notice, that might be the cause.  You should start by working the GW / DV / and HIPAA processes for any negative accounts.  Start with the most recent first.  For the item from six years ago, check with the CB for the DOFD and see if it is correct.  If you had a BK 6 years ago, and this was older than that, it may be old enough to come off.

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Bought a house and FICO Dropped from 630 to 601???????

If your mortgage isnt reporting then that obviously isnt the reason why. Do you use any kind of daily puller to see whats on your reports? Theres no way for us to know...you gotta check your reports. If you dont have a daily puller I would suggest USAA...$12.99/mo and pulls all 3.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.