Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Builder and Closing Question

tag
creditstalker
Frequent Contributor

Re: Builder and Closing Question

My Loan officer stated that they are waiting on the builder to provide the closing date,  and that my conditions have been met with underwriting so that is pretty much done-  because she mentioned that all there is left to re -verify imy employment once closing is scheduled.

Current FICO 08 as of 06/01/2015 TU 648 EQ 624 EX 602
FICO Mortgage Scores TU 594 EQ 540 EX 642

Message 11 of 13
Aprile421
Regular Contributor

I just bought a new construction. I have a pre walk through a week before scheduled close to take note of anything I wanted changed, I had my final walk through on my house 1 hour prior to my closing. I was a little nervous because they had told me if I found anything not fixed they would delay my closing. I did find a few things still wrong but they went ahead and let me close and just came in and fixed the things that needed done with in a couple days after close.

Message 12 of 13
Tinkerbell1230

I'm building as well and my builder gave me a closing date when I signed my contract and that date hasn't changed. They give themselves time to finish a few weeks ahead and do any punchlist items. They have never missed a closing date. I would be so stressed not knowing so I can't imagine what you're going through. How do they think you're supposed to plan movers, utilities, etc? I hope you find out soon.  

Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.