Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Business credit cards and mortgage DTI

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Business credit cards and mortgage DTI

Hello all,

My wife and I are about to start the mortgage process. We have 2 AMEX business credit cards that are carrying a balance. They are not on our personal credit reports. Do we have to include these balances in our DTI calculations for mortgage lenders?  Wondering if we need to pay those business card balances off or if we can keep that cash to use towards the down payment. Thanks in advance. 

1 REPLY 1
VALoanMaster
Valued Contributor

Re: Business credit cards and mortgage DTI

@Anonymous wrote:

Hello all,

My wife and I are about to start the mortgage process. We have 2 AMEX business credit cards that are carrying a balance. They are not on our personal credit reports. Do we have to include these balances in our DTI calculations for mortgage lenders?  Wondering if we need to pay those business card balances off or if we can keep that cash to use towards the down payment. Thanks in advance. 

As long as they do not report on your personal credit reports you do not have to worry about them.

VA Mortgage Expert. Mortgage Banker lending in All 50 States.
VA, FHA, USDA. Jumbo, Conventional.
CAIVRS Expert.
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.