Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buying a repoed manufactured home

tag
bshockley1981
New Contributor

Buying a repoed manufactured home

Looking at buying a home in Indiana, on land, that is a manufactured home.  Realitor tells me it is too bad of shape to get a loan on and the bank requires a pre-approval or copy of certified funds to put an offer on the table.  Does anyone know anyone who specializes in these types of loans.  Would be using 5k of my own cash, financing the balance of 10k.  Asking price is 25K but I figured I would start at 15K.  2 years ago, the home sold for 75k, the owners who bought it tore it up.  Any info is appreciated. 

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Buying a repoed manufactured home

If you have assets such as retirement you could take a loan against that in order to get the house; or apply for a personal loan; unsecured. What's your credit file look like?
FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 2 of 3
bshockley1981
New Contributor

Re: Buying a repoed manufactured home

Credit has gotten better, went through rebuilding stage after "just getting out of high school" mistakes.  Haven't had my credit pulled in a while.  Last auto enhanced was a 604 from transunion when we bought our new car.  Not sure if Ally uses auto enhanced or ?  If I could make a quick sale on my current home, which is a modular in a park" I could definatly put up enough cash to put an offer on the table.  Realitor hasn't come off on any rejected offers so not sure what dollar amount to start.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.